Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,401 to 44,420 of 45,642 messages
PG3
25/06/2014 at 13:52

Hello

Ttid - happy birthday.  Glad the presents came in the end  I hope you are feeling ok.

EF - glad the funeral is over.  I hope the family issues weren't too awful but it sounds like maybe they were.  

Caro - great news that you are home.  I hope you start to feel better and better.  At least there is plenty of sport on the tv to keep you occupied.  Do you like cycling? The Tour starts soon and I blummin love watching it.  I never used to get it, but once you do, it's often really exciting.

CC - hope you are ok.  Try not to sit and stew over all the bad things about your husband (easier said than done).  Relationships are frickin hard.  I have been with my husband for 13 years and we've had some really tough times.  2 years ago I thought it was curtains and it came close, but we got some help (relate) and it was good.  I learned that I am super defensive and if anything is said about me, i get angry and attack back.  Sometimes what is said about me is right.  I also learnt that its actually quite cathartic to say hold your hands up and say 'yes, i do do that, sorry' rather than trying to defend yourself all the time.  Good luck with it. Being apart cant be easy.  I worked in Germany for a year and just came back at weekends and it was fine at first but took its toll after a while.  There were no kids then as well.

I am off to France with my mum and her husband tonight.  I feel like a total brat saying that i am not really looking forward to it.  Of course i love my mum, but she annoys me. She literally only hears what she wants to hear.  One example, she was on and on at me to come on this trip with her before i had Isaac and i wasnt sure i wanted to commit to it. She wore me down in the end so i said yes, but i wanted to check that there was enough space in the car for all of our stuff. 'oh yes of course' was the reply.  I mentioned that you couldnt sit between two kids car seats so the seats in the boot would need to be used.  I called and double checked this about 6 weeks ago and i was told yes, loads of room.  I call and check today and my mum said oh yes, the boot only has our cases in it.  I said that we need to use the seats in the boot to sit on.  'oh really' was the reply.  So i ask if there is room for our stuff (pushchair etc) and my mum replies 'oh yes, i think so, we'll work it out'. I know it sounds petty but i wish my mum would listen.  She just does exactly what works for her all the time. 

Oh and i dropped my phone down the toilet this morning and its dead!  It wont be covered as its water damage so i guess i have to buy a new one.  I am only a few months in to a 24 month contract.  B*llocks.

Btw, I dont know if anyone has seen but GMTV or whatever they are now, are running a safety campaign for kids car seats.  If you take your car down to any mothercare or halfords with a car park, apparently they will check your car seats are fitted properly.  I am taking mine down this afternoon.

PG3
25/06/2014 at 14:24

**now feeling like a real cow for being so ungrateful about effectively a free holiday**

25/06/2014 at 14:58

I would not be looking forward to the stress of making sure everything actually will fit in the car Pip!  Plus we tend to underestimate how much we need anyway and we've got the s-max to wang it all in.  Hope your mum isn't too annoying on the holiday, mine would drive me demented!

25/06/2014 at 15:00

would never be a free holiday if my mum came either! she would wind me up soooo much too.

25/06/2014 at 21:31

I can quite see why the idea of a 'holiday' is not seeming especially appealing!!! So I wouldn't feel guilty if I were you, I'd definitely be stressing at that point. In fact I am that much of a control freak that I wouldn't have been able to agree to share a car in the first place!! Fingers crossed you survive!

25/06/2014 at 21:32

Just over a week to the school holidays - yippee ... counting down the days for sure

25/06/2014 at 21:58

I suspect the only way I'm going to get through today without a huge row with hubby is to not speak at all - I have zero patience today and he is being a git!! I couldn't care less about money any more I just want him to get a full time job for my sanity!!!

Hopefully heading out this afternoon to catch up with friends and get some (much needed) fresh air!

25/06/2014 at 22:15

Tonight I am recovering from a train journey to Glasgow this am which was 3 carriages short so standing room only, a frantic day at work, a HIIT run to station only to find out that not one not two but THREE edinburgh trains were cancelled (18 carriages worth) so ended up on the overcrowded overheated 6pm which stopped everywhere ans got in to ed at 7. My PT was due to start at 7 but my lovely trainer waited for me and we went for a run and a climb up Arthur's seat and I now feel a lot better. And that's in spite of arriving home to find door unlocked, house a bombsite and hubby asleep on bed and when i prodded him he complained of man flu. Argh. 

25/06/2014 at 22:42

Arrrggghhh EF sounds like a nightmare evening - well done on the run though!!

I don't miss tubes/trains/buses at all I have to say!!!

25/06/2014 at 22:49
1.5 days til school hols here woohoo!
25/06/2014 at 23:34

4 wks to the school hols, and for that I am very grateful.  My life would be so much harder without at least one child occupied at the moment!  Plus the last day of school is Matilda's b day and I need to organise her party........

quick question for you movicol experts........it's gross.  They advised me to just have 1 a day but the box says you can have more.  I had 1 yesterday and 2 today and so far it hasn't done the trick.  I am all bloated and can see my poor little abdomen getting fuller and fuller as food goes in but doesn't come out!  I am only taking 1 dose of co codamol a day at night, rest of the time just sticking to ibuprofen and paracetamol.  Plus eating lots of fibre.........any tips?  I am wary of taking too much and causing other probs........

26/06/2014 at 00:03

Oh no caro, sounds horrible!! Have never tried Noguchi. Assumed you've tried more obvious stuff like orange juice, was it please juice that used to sort out constipated babies? Mugs of tea or coffee will do it for me too!! Hopefully someone with more useful advice will be on here soon!!

26/06/2014 at 00:04

Movicol not Noguchi!???? Pear not please

26/06/2014 at 00:07

EF - thank goodness for the PT session ... Can u imagine getting home to that, after a day like yours without having that breathing space!!!!  Hoggle - don't envy you at all. My sister has had hubby home various times in last couple of years, for extended times during unemployment and it nearly finished them!! Big hugs. Deep breaths.

26/06/2014 at 05:26
Caro I was on lactulose when pregnant which worked for me and was fairly easy to up the dose without too much of a dramatic effect. Constipation is awful!!

Gah, up way too early here!! Bloody 2 yr olds! B had 20 mins in playschool yesterday, realised I wasn't there just before I came to get him and he wasn't happy. He is meant to do a full session today but I will be surprised if he does much more than an hour!!
26/06/2014 at 05:29
EF Gah also to the stress of packed trains, even worse running for the train and finding 3 are cancelled!
26/06/2014 at 06:55

prune juice?

school holidays start tomorrow for us! wooohooooo! very ready. the girl has just finished her first year of school which is a bit  as I have no idea how she has become old enough for all that. am keen to just be a mummy again for a while and have been run ragged by school management this year so am just looking forwards to the break.

that's a lot of cancelled trains. am planning to come up to Edinburgh in the next couple of weeks to try out those trams. I think the kids would love to ride of them for the novelty.

hope the holiday with the mother goes well. our inlaws are taking us to Portugal in October. which is really kind of them. and I am grateful, but... well, it's the inlaws and all that... mrs MIL has already expressed her disapproval of the boy running around naked - he's 3. he loves to strip off whenever he can. ho hum.

I think might have broken something in my foot. I was out running last night and a stone skidded out from under my foot. I went over on my ankle and did that ginger walking for a bit but after a few minutes I was able to run it off. but this morning OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I am seriously hobbling and it is hurting even when I am not putting weight on it. it's mostly the little toe but it might be the area that joins the little toe to my whole foot network. is it worth getting it checked out? and would that be GP or A&E? guess I'm not cycling to work today.

26/06/2014 at 07:47

Caro it sounds like you might be better with a glycerol (I think it's glycerol -glycerine?!) pessary. When Lou was really bunged it was better to do that and shift it. I think you can have more movicol tho as she was on one a day but friend had kid on 3 a day. Pessary wld cause a large explosion (!) but movicol doesn't tend to affect her that way. Also have you tried massage. Another trick which works is massaging her about four fingers diagonally away from her tummy button to the right above her hip bone. Said friend told me that and I was v skeptical bit it works. 

Ikkle  I would go to minor injuries if you have it?! Poss not. In which case I would prob do gp 

26/06/2014 at 07:49
Caro - take what you need to get things going. I'd suggest a couple this morning, and then if that's not produced any result take another later on. How you get somewhere!!
26/06/2014 at 12:14
Sorry to just butt in again when I make zero contribution to the thread otherwise! Caro when my sis was having her chemo she got terribly bunged up due to the anti-sickness drugs, I asked around at work & the best we came up with & what did actually work was a) a large glass of warm to hot orange juice (microwave) followed by b) half a dozen prunes thrown on your breakfast! Good Luck!

Am ment to be working so can't stop on any longer, but sending virtual hugs to all who need them, really don't know why life is so tough on people sometimes xxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.