Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,581 to 44,600 of 45,459 messages
15/02/2014 at 21:34

Someone posted on Vixo's Facebook post that they arrived safely. Phew!

caro - grr!!! and yes it could be someone way worse!

jg - be very careful running if you're ill! It's just not worth it and I still wonder if doing that is what contributed to me being so ill 18 months ago. You will cope dropping a training run!

Tee hee to interest free credit and marks points! i quite see the logic!

done for. Still fighting cough and Geogre seems to have decided to start his six week growth spurt a few days early. Yawn! Have tried Vick myself tonight as boys were much better last night. just hoping peak flow improves as any worse I really will have to go to GP...  The steroids are sat in the box semi berating for me fpr not opening them...

15/02/2014 at 21:55

I don't know what you mean about Katie price camlo, she is my role model and a pillar of society 

15/02/2014 at 22:26

I think we're all safe, the only way KP will name a baby after one of ours is if one of us completely loses the plot and names it Mi'amii Buttplug or something similar

Glad to hear Vixo got there safely. Have read some awful stories about the weather over the last few days in UK. 

16/02/2014 at 09:18

Ha ha ha ha caro and TtiD. Your posts both made me laugh out loud this Sunday morning!! 

16/02/2014 at 10:07
I seem to have a knack of picking names that no one else has but r not unusual either. Natalya ( pronounced Natalie) is a well known name but I have only met a couple and they weren't spelt the same way, have only met one with the same spelling and pronounciation and she was Russian. Have seen two Camryn's an American actress and an American singer, never met one in real life, but it sounds very like Cameron which is very common boys name esp in Scotland, so people always expect her to b a boy. I quite like that when she is older people looking at her cv might assume she is a man and might give her an advantage. Although drives me bonkers when people constantly call her Cam-a-ryn, there is no A in the middle of her name aargh!
16/02/2014 at 10:13
My poor Mum is back in hospital, had a seizure yesterday morning. Can't find any reason for it yet, ct and X-ray clear, are checking her heart valves for infection and researching her new meds to see if could b them. Although I have known a few people who have had a seizure and never discovered why and never had another. Fortunately she was in bed when it happened otherwise she could have bn badly injured, but of course that will b a constant worry for her now esp if they can't find a cause and rectify it.
16/02/2014 at 10:26

Mi'amii Buttplug...I bet there's someone in the world with that name 

Strangely I had just decided to drag my sorry butt out in the sunshine, but I read JT's comment and decided to stay at home!  to staying at home but  to good advice,  Even got my clothes out on the bed but just couldn't bring myself to get dressed and ended up lying on the bed!  Now missing out on trip to the park with the kids and MIL gets to go to the park instead .

It's funny how I know if I'm just being lazy and if I genuinely don't feel like it - I'm usually right though!  Half marathon training is not going well though...

Hope your mum is ok TT, worrying for you. 

16/02/2014 at 17:58

Hope you've all enjoyed your sunny Sundays!  Completely wasted mine feeling rubbish, boo! One more week till half-term at least...

16/02/2014 at 19:29

Hey JG. i am with you today. Full of cold, achy, no energy.... Only 2 wks till my half marathon too.... But saw JTs advice and decided against my LSR today. Did a few miles on FIL's dreadmill last night and felt shattered by the end. Given that I have the kids on my own 7am - 9.30pm every day, I just feel I can't afford to be ill when I need to bf and look after theM. Hoping to be recovered enough to do LSR on Wednesday when I've asked my mum if I can come visit. She lives on edge of Cotswolds so will be lovely running around where I grew up so hoping winds ease and rain stays away! Hate not being out today though as it was so lovely and sunny. 

Impressed by your friend M's cycling etc CM. Am now FB friends with her too - she's brilliant! Your wkend sounded lovely too CC. Right Isaac snoring and hubby just finishing putting E to bed so I'm off to do fajitas for tea with a nice glass of red. Yum. I always have one "day off" healthy eating a week when I have a nice pudding and some wine. Usually it's after my LSR though so feel a bit naughty tonight but cold has wrecked my appetitie anyway so figure I need to try to eat something! Hope everyone has a nice half term! 

16/02/2014 at 19:47

Boo too Brookie, it's pants isn't it?!  Definitely feed your cold, even if you skipped your LSR today (and rightly so).  JT you need to start charging for your advice .  Trouble it, I felt rubbish last weekend too so skipped my run then as well, so my HM training is non-existent at the moment, plus I'm seeing the physio on Friday and will have to confess I've felt too awful to even do the exercises some days !

Feeling brighter this evening at least though still feeling the need for an early night.  I was thinking of that below the neck rule when trying to decide whether to run this morning, and it was a tricky one because I can feel it right at the bottom of my throat, where it meets the collarbone, and it felt as though I was coughing up from below there (sorry TMI!), so I figured that was a "no run" sign, but also wondered if I was just being pathetic and it was just a sore throat!

16/02/2014 at 20:34

Oh no, big boo to feeling below par and missing runs especially when you are training for something. 

Hope your mum is better soon TT, i guess she doesnt drive with all her probs anyway otherwise that would be scuppered too?

i like unusual names but not wacky, pity i dont want another baby or i would have kept miiami buttplug in reserve. Ah well, if anyone else wants to use it go ahead! 

Yippee to those on half term, we have one more week until we break up. Am impressed with all the running your kids are doing (karen, lotte etc). 

Had a good squelchy 12 miler earlier, took 3 hours as so boggy! Came home to find hubby had ripped the back door out so had a mad day, entertaining kids, cooking, washing and tidying, hosting visitors and finally wiping down my new back door which is lovely (draft free). 

16/02/2014 at 21:10
Thanks Camlo, she did drive up until the botched op 18 months ago and she had just begun to b able to drive again on good days. She drove herself to mine on Christmas Day and I could have cried for her she was so happy to have that freedom again. But now that will b scuppered for another yr at least. She got home tonight but they can't find any reason for the seizure. It was a full on convulsing, bit her tongue job too so really scared if it happens again and she is not in the safety of her bed. A fall for her could b horrendous, causing irreparable damage to any of her replacement joints.

I have done very little exercise this wk and I don't have lurgy as an excuse. Kids were off school and was decorating but could have still ran if I had bn up and ready when me Tangy got in from work at 8:30 am but cba. Was supposed to b a cut back wk but not cut back that much. Usually run about 30 miles and do about 34 miles on exercise bike, instead I ran 10 miles oops!
16/02/2014 at 21:12
*mr Tangy
16/02/2014 at 21:52

Sounds scary TT, my Mum has epilepsy so i understand where you are coming from.  she is well controlled now but as a kid i remember seeing her with black eyes and bruises. Hopefully your mum has had an isolated event. Didnt realise Mr Tangy worked nights? How do you stay quiet when he sleeps?!

16/02/2014 at 22:43

Yes hope your mum is ok Tangy and they work out what caused seizure. must be v scary for your mum and you. Pleased Vixo got to France safely too. I've had a poor exercise week as well. Started off good with a lovely run last Sunday but very little since. A few walks , a modicum of cycling, one core fitness class..... Hey oh back on it this week soon as I'm better. Just a few post baby lbs to go so determined to get there soon. 

16/02/2014 at 23:20
Mr Tangy works for ACCA on permanent nightshift, he started end of last yr. is enjoying it very much. He always had erratic sleep patterns anyway so nightshift works well for him. He sleeps from about 9:30ish til about 5 and he usually falls asleep with telly blaring in the bedroom so can't hear what's going on in rest of house. He's a bit deaf after working in mines as a driller for many yrs so that helps. Although I am the opposite with very acute hearing and can't bare loud tv etc so is a source of annoyance on both sides lol. He can never hear telly at my volume level and the noise of his volume level makes my skin crawl.
17/02/2014 at 00:31

Lol at Camlo throwing Mi'iami Buttplug back out there for anyone else who wants it. 

So sorry to hear about your mum TT, she's had a horrible time of it recently hasn't she. Hope it was an isolated one off. 

Sorry to hear so many of you feeling rough at the moment. Yay to half term though, whether it is this week or next. 

Had a challenging weekend with Max. He was full of sugary crap after their valentine's party at school on Friday so we had a battle with him over dinner and ended up with crying at bedtime. Yesterday was our fault as we took the boys out in the car and Max wouldn't sleep in the car over his nap time so was super tired by bed time and tears again. Today has been good though. Weather was lovely so we got outside and did some stuff and now watching a bit of tv before bed so hopefully no tears tonight. It's such a simple formula with Max; as long as he has enough food and sleep he's great. 

Schools and nursery closed tomorrow for training so need to entertain the boys. No plans yet but hopefully do something nice. Have a good week all. 

17/02/2014 at 10:00

no exercise here. jaw still agony - off to see maxfacs this morning. high on tramadol and naproxen but still in pain.

had great weekend with kids - J is much happier again now. which is such a relief.

17/02/2014 at 10:58
Hope maxfac can help CM, my mum has had similar jaw problems with her arthritis and her jaw really hurting after the seizure. Don't know if steroid injection a likely treatment for u but hope they can do something to minimise the pain.
17/02/2014 at 11:05
My stepbrother has epilepsy too Camlo, I have never witnessed a seizure though. He got it after a sinusitis infection spread into his brain and they had to operate to remove the infection and damaged brain tissue. He was very lucky tho the epilepsy is only long term effect he has bn left with. Same op as D had after his accident and he still has short term memory problems, has to keep a detailed list of everything on his phone to keep him right. My stepbrothers is well controlled now but he chooses not to drive as he doesn't think it's worth the risk, which must b hard but commendable. I think I would feel the same. Driving is dangerous enough.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.