Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,621 to 44,640 of 47,543 messages
19/02/2014 at 00:47

Arrgh another killer work day, started at 7am again and only just finished although i did sneak a 6 miler at tea time. 

Yippee to race plans, preparing for new baby, quality time with family, birthdays and sea swims

Boo to coughs (fingers crossed JT), shin splints and expensive races - i am doing flanders mara for about 20euros with a free tshirt and you can do the shorter ones for about 7euros! Come to wales all our races are cheaper!! 

would love to do an ironman....... Wisfully looking into the future...... 

19/02/2014 at 07:35

Oh joy, i am last to go to bed and first up....... Cannot live with 6 hours sleep. FACT

19/02/2014 at 09:50

oh no camlo - work sounds v stressful at the moment. are you half term next week?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!

i had another night of it. what with jaw pain and then J wetting the bed at 4am. bless him - he drank a whole big bottle of water at rugby training last night, so i was expecting it. but at 4am, i heard sobbing and went downstairs and he was climbing back up into his high sleeper. he said 'my bed is wet'. so i told him not to get back into it if it was wet. so he stood there, half asleep and said 'where should i go then?' awww. so i stripped him off, sponged him down and got him into my bed. where he snored for the next 3 hours! and i lay awake listening to him.

so it appears that J is finally getting the hang of rugby. he has scored tries / trys (how do you spell the plural of a rugby try?!) in the last 2 games. and last night he got man of the match for much improved passing (he actually controls the ball now and can catch - wooo!) and for good concentration and behaviour. i asked him if he was proud of himself and he said 'no. i want to score more tries' (trys - whatever). he is hard on himself. wonder where he gets that from.

on sunday, he is part of the guard of honour for Newport Gwent Dragons match. he said 'i hope they are playing Argentina'. errr - sorry, son. they're playing Glasgow! anyway, i read him out the details for sunday, including the tour and meeting the players and getting a flag signed and then about how it will be televised. i said 'you're going to be on telly! isn't that exciting?' and he said 'errr... will they give me a lunchbox?' hahaha - the boy and his food!!

19/02/2014 at 11:06
http://www.sportsshoes.com/products/?q=montane+air+event+jacket&;exwo=1&id=1086&utm_source=eshot_February_Newsletter_email_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=eshot_February_Newsletter_email_2014

Not sure if link will work but huge discount on montane mountain jacket for anyone looking for that kind of thing. There was a discussion a while back about waterproof jackets. I have a mountain minimus smock which I got for ??80 in mountainlite closing dwn sale, I love it. The only downside of a smock is having to pull it over ur head after it has gotten sweaty and heated up, tends to b a bit whiffy in there. But I love having huge smock pocket so I would still go for smock if had a choice.
19/02/2014 at 11:10
Montane minimus not mountain flaming phone
19/02/2014 at 11:20

Haha CM, he is such a character!  Sounds like a fun day for them on Sunday. Are you going to the match too?

I refuse to believe that Eric is 2 already. Funny I was about to say I could believe he was 1 today but then remembered O already turned 1!!  Don't know where the last year went. 

Camlo, work sounds tough at the moment. Is there an end in sight to this?

I see CC is off for some fun in the snow, have fun. 

19/02/2014 at 12:14

no, unfortunately i'm not going to the match. it's T's weekend and his mum is down, so E is staying with his mum and T is taking J to the match. but it's kitchen duty on sunday for us, so i will see J at his rugby match in the morning. i have to be down at the pitch for 8.30am to open up the kitchen and cook bacon sandwiches! hopefully everyone will leave early because they are all then going on to the guard of honour in the afternoon so i won't be there for hours! usually whoever is on kitchen duty has to man the bar and it stays open until mid-afternoon!! but hopefully not this week. this is the downside of being in a rugby club!

fortunately i will have to go and pick E up from T's house and take her to her swimming lesson in the afternoon as T won't be back by then so i will get to see both of them (albeit not for long). it's half term next week, so i'm not getting them back till tuesday (normally get them back on sunday after swimming).

19/02/2014 at 14:02

and for this afternoon's treat: 4 hours of internal auditing... over the telephone as the guy I was supposed to be meeting has had a knee op and can't drive. I'm under half way through and we're having a comfort break. it is soooo not much fun!

19/02/2014 at 18:58

popped down to pharmacy to get my gabapentin (muscle relaxant / acts on nerve pain - to knock me out overnight) and got called in to speak to pharmacist as she was concerned that i had had a lot of strong meds dispensed recently. which was very good and following good practice etc. except that i had been talking to a school mum i know (not particularly well, but we both run so i know her through running club as well as fellow school mum and she is lunchtime supervisor at school as well) - and then i got called in to speak to pharmacist before she would give me my meds, so now she probably thinks i was going in for my shot of methadone or something.

19/02/2014 at 19:55

I know my mum has been on gabapentin for ages for her sciatica.  Good n a way that the pharmacist is keeping tabs.......

Lovely b day for Eric, Colchester zoo is very nice.  I am generally not a huge fan of zoos, but do see their purpose for conservation etc.  I didn't shed a tear for the Danish giraffe - what I really thought was why on earth did they let the parents breed in the first place.  But I admired the way they disected him in front of the public - can you imagine if anything like that happened here???  Anyway, the zoo is beautifully laid out, with on the whole very nice enclosures, and it is large and flows easily from one exhibit to the next.  Lots of play areas too.  And sunshine.....we got their as soon as it opened and so the first 2 hrs were nice and quiet but the afternoon was mobbed.

Eric enjoyed his cake, had fabulous pressies, and we had bangers and mash for tea.  What more could a 2 yr old want??  And yes, it feels like he was born yesterday.......

19/02/2014 at 20:08

ah eric is lucky in that he will mostly have his birthday in half term, i guess.  this year E's birthday is right at the end of our half term, as we are a week later than you. but normally ours is the same week as yours. easter is so late this year, though!!

yes i must admit i did wonder why on earth they let the parents of that giraffe breed. i also don't really know why they couldn't have moved him to another batchelor herd, as there are apparently some who would have taken him. i fully understand he couldn't breed, but it doesn't really seem fair to euthenase him just on those grounds when he could have been rehomed somewhere else. maybe it was cost related. i don't know. but yes i was surprised by the public disection. J would have hated it - E would have been itching to get stuck in. she is very bloodthirsty!

19/02/2014 at 20:20

Happy Birthday Eric!!!

I hope the muscle relaxant helps CM I could do with some of that when my back is really bad! Off to physio shortly - just need t get back on top of exercises so am going for a session on what I should be doing. Walked to daycare this morning and no ITB twinges - I have been doing some squats so hopefully that's helping!

Its stinking hot today - finally feels like proper summer! I'm going to head off for another swim this morning. I feel a bit mean going without M but there is something very liberating about going for a swim on your own - no kids to watch etc!! Then its off to the farm tonight and then the beach again Fri (where my sister lives). Can't wait!!

19/02/2014 at 20:36
Funny hearing u talk about it being summer Hoggle, my friend whose husband died before Xmas came home from Australia on Sunday. Shock to the system coming back here in the winter and she and the girls have had to buy whole new wardrobe. But we are all happy to have them home for good.
19/02/2014 at 20:43

Also wondered about giraffe contraception........have no idea if there is such a thing!

19/02/2014 at 21:13

couldn't you lop its nadgers off? or is that a bit major for a giraffe?

19/02/2014 at 21:25

CM, sitting laughing out loud at my desk here, good thing I'm in the office on my own at the moment

19/02/2014 at 21:27

Nadgers - hahaha! I saw a giraffe at that body exhibition in London a few years ago - goodness me, the size of its bits made me blush!

19/02/2014 at 21:39
Glad I am making you ladies around the world laugh. Especially as I have spent the whole afternoon and evening doing and then typing up audits and actions. It doesn't get any duller than that!
19/02/2014 at 21:41

Yes, you are amusing us far and wide today CM.  Do you have a leaving date for your current job yet?

19/02/2014 at 21:46

Not yet TTid. I haven't resigned yet as I am waiting for the contract to come through. The hiring manager warned me it would take a while as their HR is slow. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.