Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,641 to 44,660 of 47,208 messages
19/02/2014 at 21:51

So internal audits and interminable reports it is for a while longer then....

19/02/2014 at 21:59

Yup. The hiring manager is putting a start date of 2 June (!!) as I have a 3 month notice period but i am really hoping I don't have to work it all so I can start sooner.  Hiring manager was fine with that. 

19/02/2014 at 22:03

Happy birthday Eric!  2? How?! 

at center parcs with the worst wifi ever. Having lots of fun though. 

Also lol at nadgers! 

19/02/2014 at 22:34

Chucklong to myself here at nadgers..... Which kept changing to badgers.... Worst zoo I ever went to was zoo safari in puglia. E loved it - giraffes which stick their heads right up to your car! A train which mad baboons leaped on! Random donkeys eating the wing mirrors of the car! Amazing!!! Hubby and I spent the whole day feeling appalled at the standards of animal welfare and fascinated by E's enjoyment of it all. Quite an uncomfortable juxtaposition of emotions. London zoo seemed like a posh animal health spa in comparison!! 

Still ill but feelong a lot better than y'day. Will start excercise again tomorrow. Pls excuse all spelling. Autocorrect now can't even spell correctly. 

Hope work eases up a bit Camlo. Sounds awful at the mo. Bu swimming at work (from home) sounds cool Hoggle! Lol to druggie habits CM.....  chemists are rife with embarrassing scenarios - I bumped into my boss (male) in boots once with a shopping basket full of feminine hygiene products.  The shame! 

19/02/2014 at 22:41

too major I would imagine, as any sedative or anaesthetic is a risk.  Plus I guess there is no need to rid them of their testosterone, just their fertility, so I am thinking more an implant type thing rather than the full blown castration.  

Enjoy centre parts EF.  Just booked our ferry tickets for the summer.  Well ferry one way and euro tunnel the way back, Dover Calais route.  Decided to drive time extra this yr with a shorter ferry crossing as still works out cheaper even when you add up tolls and diesel.  Only £50 one way for the ferry and £75 for the train, including bikes on roof. Cheapest run crossing I could find with an overnight ferry was £350 and that would be a day crossing on the way back which I didn't fancy for many hours. would rather have them strapped into the back of a car for longer than running round a ferry!

19/02/2014 at 22:43

Caro - yes I thought that re risk of anaesthetic. Not as risky as euthanasia tho eh?

19/02/2014 at 22:55

I guess it's only because it's a giraffe that people are sentimental.  I know in Africa I ate delicious zebra and kudu, don't think  I ate giraffe though.  It's hypocritical I think to be anti that but happy to go to mac Donalds.  but I do feel that Marius should never have been born because obviously zoos have controlled breeding programmes so presumably   unwanted pregnancies don't just happen... and he was basically a cross breed between two species/types so therefore genetically undesirable.  it starts to sound a bit nazi ish doesn't it?

19/02/2014 at 22:58

Yay finished work early tonight so only a 13 hour day...... half term next week and was taking 3 days off but already promised to go in one of those days to a meeting. 

Yippee to getting new meds and J's rugby, Eric having a fab birthday, centre parcs, booking hols and nice weather. 

Boo to dissecting giraffes, showing your boss your tampons, boring audits and having to man the rugby cafe! 

off to look at that smock...... 

19/02/2014 at 23:07

Caro - agree with the mcdonalds thing. But then am newly vegan. Haha. Only for weight loss. J is intrigued - he has tried my nut roast, butternut soup and my nutty, seedy and fruity home made muesli which I soak in soya milk overnight. He loves it!

boo to work Camlo

20/02/2014 at 10:54

well gabapentin did sod all. .  struggled to get to sleep due to the pain, so it was well after midnight by the time i nodded off. awake at 4.

i think i have found someone to do after school for kids on a monday who can take J to his piano lesson. it is a nanny who doesn't work on a monday. i know her from when E was a baby and she is friends with the nanny that I had... that will make me feel slightly less guilty about working full-time, as at least the kids can keep to their normal routine and come home as usual on a Monday (even if it will cost more... it won't cost a whole lot more though and I won't have to pay her tax or employ her or anything as I won't be paying her more than £100 a week. Woooo)

20/02/2014 at 11:03

have just written the sentence "(name of client) is going through a period of strategic exmpanstion".  I quite like exmpanstion. Think that word needs a place in our lexicon

20/02/2014 at 13:16

Great word, must see if I can weave it into my day somehow

20/02/2014 at 14:01

worked till about 9pm last night getting all my documentation updated; audit actions written up etc, reading for update call at 1.30pm today. and no bu33er turned up. gah.

20/02/2014 at 14:03

All great confirmation (as if you needed it!) that you are doing the right thing!

20/02/2014 at 14:08

i'm sure it'll be the same everywhere though. this was all really high priority when i took it over because it was in a mess. they didn't know me and i didn't know them, so they all kept a close eye on it to start off with. clearly they've now realised i'm progressing it, so they've decided they don't bother turning up to my update calls. which is fine - but they could have had the decency to let me know!!!

20/02/2014 at 22:23

That's so annoying CM !  It's like me staying up late planning a lesson and no-one turning up!

Been reading but bit TOTM ish so not feeling very positive!

Interesting incident at school yesterday - friend's boy J bit girl L on chest (Y1!) - no blood or anything but clearly wrong.  TA tells L's dad when he picks her up, then other friend who is picking up J for friend, to pass on to J's mum.  L's dad then gives other friend a mouthful, thinking she's J's mum, then proceeds to say he will "punch her lights out" when he sees J's mum!  Unbelievable, and all in the playground at end of school time so kids in earshot and everything.  My friend decided to go in early to speak to J's teacher as she said if L's dad had a go at her she would rise to it!  In what way is going in all guns blazing at the parent of a child who did something to your child going to help the situation at all??!  And especially in front of the children involved!  Never spoken to the bloke but certainly won't be going out of my way to do so now.  My friend was obviously mortified that her son could do such a thing - she's just had her 3rd baby and had emergency c-section so he could be reacting to the changes at home possibly.  

Anyway, in other news, I am largely off for the next week  other than French class on Wed night.  I feel as though I've been ill for about 2 weeks, no running and barely any exercise other than Bodypump - good call last weekend JT, I've felt like death most of this week!  Horrible hacking chesty cough now but at least my head feels clearer.  I'm seeing the physio tomorrow and will have to confess that I've hardly been doing my exercises for a couple of weeks and done no running .  Still not entered Sheffield HM, hip etc still sore but I desperately want to do it, but if it hurts all the way through is it worth it...?

Sorry bit me me me there - that's why I haven't been posting!  Not sure when I can fit in a run this weekend either as we've got a birthday party at 12pm on Sunday, being taken out for lunch by MIL on Saturday, Sophie swimming Sat morning and I've booked her onto a free taster session for ice skating on Sunday morning!  Would be typical that just when I feel better I can't run .

Lol at nadgers .  I would have been quite appalled at giraffe dissection, I have to say!

Happy birthday (belatedly) Eric!  He is such a cutie!

21/02/2014 at 09:02

JG - i'd say if it hurts all the way through, it's probably not worth it and you almost certainly will end up crocked at the end...

argh - these bloody tablets that the consultant said would 'knock me out' do absolutely sod all!!! i have been awake even more of the night in pain and it's agony again this morning. i am sooooo fed up. i looked at the dosage and he has prescribed me 300mg. but when i read the leaflet, you can take up to 3600mg a day. the drugs are for epilepsy principally (but pharmacist said they are hardly ever used for that), so i assume the 3600mg dose isn't to treat the symptoms that i have. but even so, i do wonder whether 1/12 of the maximum dose is going to do anything at all??

21/02/2014 at 09:06

oh and re friend and biting - i'm sure JT has plenty of tales like that of parents overreacting. FWIW, J bit another child in Y1!! he was having a really bad afternoon - think a load of them had been messing around and he and another child had been sanctioned for it. he then leapt off the wall and bit another of the kids - in anger and frustration. obviously he got himself into even more trouble then, and the school called T in to discuss when he picked him up. but i think they make an effort at our school not to tell the parents who the other kid was (although obviously your own child will usually say), and they also try to do it discretely.

21/02/2014 at 14:38
14 mile run done this morning and was honestly the hardest run I have ever done. Exhausted! Don't know if it was just the hills, mud, grassy tussocks and wind or if there is something else wrong? I suspect the latter. Only ran once last wk and this wk should have felt easier on rested legs but it hasn't bn. Been putting off going back to doc with toe and suspect it may b issue. My big toenail wasn't attached to nail bed from halfway dwn after getting bruised Jan last yr. a few months ago it became swollen red and itchy and doc gave me antibiotics which helped it but it was still a little red. I cut nail right back to nailbed so it would reattach which it has done and is almost full length again. I had been putting fucidin cream on it that I had from blister infection which kept it at bay but everytime I stop using it toe goes red again, although it has stopped going itchy. Just don't know if got a low grade infection working on it and that making me feel knackered. I did feel the same when it originally got infected.

Anyway still enjoyed my run, very muddy and windy in bits. Wore my kalenji hydration backpack for 1st time and was really comfortable and no chafing. Also got no chafing from today's combination of soft yoga style sports bra with a nike one over top, so will b sticking with those bras for my long runs.

Can't say the same about the no knickers approach. Been having issues with microfiber pants that have always worn giving me chafing on knicker line of undercarriage. Got miracle pants which work fine on short runs but stick up my bum and chafe between the cheeks ( tmi but it's going to get worse, u have bn warned) so tried the no pants but my compression Capri leggings under my long leggings to protect modesty, legging can b a but see through. But was not good, seam on crotch of leggings rubbed on lady bits the whole run, was not comfortable and not nice place to have chafing. To be fair the 70's style undercarriage didn't help should have trimmed (think Jackson 5, I have dark hair and it's winter lol), I did warn u tmi lol. So question for other long distance runners- What pants do u wear and do u wax, shave or simply trim? Really need to sort this before I run another marathon or attempt this ultra.
21/02/2014 at 14:41

TT - I love this thread. Nowhere else would such questions be asked! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.