Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,661 to 44,680 of 46,366 messages
16/07/2014 at 21:48
Yes, can't wait. Mountains, fresh air and family time - perfect!
16/07/2014 at 22:05

You have to come now I have cleaned my fridge and oven and written off a work skirt by dripping oven cleaner from the bin bag all over it Caro!

16/07/2014 at 22:42

If I had a house and I was planning to take a holiday, you needn't restrict your tour to UK Caro.....  Maybe next year!  Hope your referral comes through soon. 

Got a proposed section date, August 18, eek that's only 4 1/2 weeks away. One nice thing though is that it is my mum's birthday. 

Had a day of house admin and choosing things. The pressure is now full on to get everything chosen. Comparing to Sonya's position, at least we'll not be homeless, thankful for small mercies and all that!!

16/07/2014 at 22:51

I'm doing everything in my power CM, I promise!!  I'll be back on the phone tomorrow.......

I'm taking Eric and one of his little friends (plus mum) to lo lee valley farm tomorrow minks.  Thought we'd go before the school hols.  I'm really looking forward to a nice day out with him.  It's going to be a scorcher.........

the family time is what I loved the most about our holiday last yr vixo, 2 wks, just us, no worries about house work, school, shopping etc.  am sad not to get that this yr, but hopefully we will get away, even if its only a few days.

hubby and I are taking Matilda to see 'Matilda' on Sat for her b day and have booked lunch at belgo in Covent garden first.  Am really looking forward to it.  Haven't been to a good musical in yrs.

16/07/2014 at 23:10
Enjoy 'Matilda' Caro - the older sister of one of Kit's classmates played Matilda for 18 months. She finished last September; I think the parents were secretly relieved as the constant to-ing and fro-ing back and forth to central London nearly killed them. Hope you have a lovely time at Hayes Hill Farm - Eric will love it!

Boo that you are having to be so proactive but it's better than sitting around waiting for something to happen. Hope you manage to make contact with the nurse tomorrow - can't say I'm surprised that the referral from Whipps hasn't gone through though ...

Great idea to house-sit for everyone! Looks like we may not have a Kit-free week this summer hols - having been on the waiting list for over a year for a knee replacement, MIL has got surgery scheduled for the Monday of the week Kit's supposed to be staying with them. She actually got a letter asking for feedback on her surgical experience - turns out she got lost in the system somewhere and they clearly thought she'd already had the operation! So it's not just Whipps Caro!

We're off to Pembrokeshire a week on Saturday, really looking forward to some family time. Only got a week booked, staying with the in-laws for the second week of our hols. Had planned to then leave Kit with them for another week but unlikely now. Actually I'm quite pleased and will start planning some days out to do with him.
17/07/2014 at 08:50

Hope you have a grand time at Matilda. We are just starting on some Roald Dahl and I love the way the Girl is in equal parts terrified, repulsed, intrigued and entertained by it.

Hope the house moving is going ok. Can't even bein to contemplate moving our mountains ofstuff out the house (the HUGE piles of stuff also explain why we could never involve ourselves in a house swap - although we do have a 5 berth touring caravan that we could leave on the drive )

Hurrah to summer holidays. Our camping was brilliant idyllic bandy netting, stone throwing, river splashing, cool playpark! the tinies and I are dead keen to go camping again. Only this time we will take midge repellent. The Boy was incredibly tasty to the flying critters and it made him quite sad. We are off to the beach on Sunday for a family break. Bikes and trainers will be packed.

Back in to cycling at the moment. Nothing too dramatic - a 15 mile cycle last night up to an old ruined fort

17/07/2014 at 16:18

presented at the IT conference for the uni today. won a Toshiba chromebook in the raffle and got given a fluffy unicorn by one of the suppliers. happy days.

now need to do a day's work now i'm back in the office...

17/07/2014 at 17:50

Sounds nice CM.

So spoke to nurse today, Barts are aware of me......they are trying to fit me in blah blah, I pleaded with her to try and make sure I got an appt next wk (but not M's b day on Wed!) and I told her we were going away next Sat and I really really wanted to see someone before I went.  She promised to e mail them saying I was going away, but said she had no sway over at Barts.  So annoying having to swap hospitals!  

Have to go there tomorrow for a second psychology appt, so not looking forward to getting on the tube in 30c at midday.

17/07/2014 at 22:19

Gosh, so much to catch up on! 

Super effort Camlo, very impressive and great read. I am doing a good mix of training nowadays, swim 2.5-3k most Monday mornings before work, biking twice a week and running 5 times. 

Nightmare again Caro, and yes hot tubes and heat not good

SMax are great Sonya. I love ours

JT asthma again? Why is she not happy? I pay childminder £12.50 per child for after school club, which is 2-3 hours with travel and cooked tea.

We love camping too. Can't wait for our hols, two weeks time we will be pitched and settled in France, and enjoying some wine

17/07/2014 at 22:20

P.S Caro, you are welcome to house sit here, look after our cat and chooks! 3 eggs a day at the mo from the chooks

17/07/2014 at 23:11

Hello ladies. Sorry for gate-crashing.  I've just found out I'm pregnant with number 3. I'm wondering if you kept up running during your pregnancy? I was pretty fit before I had number 1 and managed to keep running up to 23 weeks.  With my second I wasn't as fit and never really kept running up at all.  This time, I've been running with a club for about a year - we train on Tuesdays on a track and Thursdays are usually an effort session. I also do a long run at the weekend and a couple of shorter runs during the week if I can squeeze them in. I know I'll be fine keeping up the shorter and easy paced runs but wonder what people think about keeping up with the speedwork? I feel completely normal - i.e. don't feel pregnant! I am only five weeks though. Would love to know what you think

Edited: 17/07/2014 at 23:16
17/07/2014 at 23:21

Hi flipflop - i would be careful with speed sessions or anything which causes a spike in heartrate but then if you are used to them i guess it may be ok. I ditched all exercise when preg so am not a good advert! 

Boo to crappy appts Caro, expensive childcare, oven cleaning, packing and having to co-ordinate new houses

Yippee to raffle win, holiday plans, happy kids and theatre trips. 

sooooooo tired. 

17/07/2014 at 23:43

Warning rant alert!!

Hubby started work at 5.30 this morning so took the car with him which meant that I had to walk to daycare reluctantly as am knackered and then walk across town to where hubby left car to collect it, except the buggy has a flat tyre which was only discovered as I headed out the door already slightly late. Couldn't fix it so had to make M ride her balance bike under duress and with bribery!! She was a star and was pretty tired when we got there. Forgot her lunch box so just went and dropped it off - she was the only child still at the table finishing morning tea - eating all the left over carrots as the poor thing was starving!! Grrrrrrrr to hubby - its his damn car that's out of action but somehow I'm always the one inconvenienced by it as I wasn't prepared to drop him off at 5.30am!

On a positive note we went and played in the snow yesterday and Matilda absolutely loved it - spur of the moment decision and so worth it!

Caro sounds very very frustrating to be in such limbo at the moment. Why were you having to change hospitals?

18/07/2014 at 03:18

Hi flipflop and welcome. Expecting number 3 here too but was not such a regular runner as you when not pregnant. Gave up very early on with this one. Joints way too painful to run, can barely walk some days now!  Others have run way into their pregnancies, some even winning park runs when very obviously pregnant!!

Hoggle, grrr I feel your pain. Sounds similar to a scenario we would have here too where I would just grin and bear it but would never hear the end of it if it was the other way round. Snow sounds fun and loved your pics on fb. 

Caro, keep nagging, frustrating but you know it's the only way you'll get any progress. 

18/07/2014 at 07:26

God stupid thunder storm!  It was sooooo loud, and long and kept coming back!   Need sleep......

hoggle, it's because several of the big London hospitals are grouped together into NHS trusts, so although my local hosp is whipps cross it has fairly recently become part of barts NHS trust, which includes 2 other hospitals including barts.  Whipps doesn't do chemo or radiotherapy, so the oncologists and all the kit are over at barts.  They also have a brand new trust wide computer system which became live on the day of my first surgery, and no one knew how to use it for weeks, which really is very annoying when you need someone to do something!  

18/07/2014 at 07:54

caro - what a nightmare for you.

and boo to the car issues, hoggle. poor M...

argh - go on holiday at 1am. cat needs to go to cattery today between 10 and 12. locked catflap last night inbound only as cat wasn't in. cat was on my bed in the night, meaning all should have been ok this morning. however - no cat. so he's got out of the catflap even tho it was locked inbound only.

N is at home but a) no cat and b) even if cat turns up, he won't be able to get him in the catbox as he is scared of doing it and the cat will freak.

ARGH!!!!!

18/07/2014 at 11:34

I heard on the news that over 3000 flashes of lightning were recorded over south last night Caro, obviously most of them over you!!

18/07/2014 at 14:02

Hope cat comes back in time CM........and good luck with the 1am departure.

If we stay in your house I imagine you'll be able to tell

Just had 2nd hr with psychologist, it was quite apparent how stressed I am about the current limbo situation so she also said she'd try and see if she could help but couldn't make any promises.

She thinks I'd benefit from 'art psychotherapy' - absolutely no idea what that is!  

18/07/2014 at 16:34

cat came back. N put him in the carrier and he broke out, dragging the carrier behind him up the stairs. poor cat...

i'm still at work. we've had a hell of a day again. major major major incident resulting in very probable massive security breach. whoops. still I managed to co-ordinate things but got nothing else done all day. gah.

30 mins left and i'm outta here for 2 weeks. not sure what access i'll have from Bulgaria so toodle pip all and hope very much to come back to a house bearing evidence of Caro's occupation

19/07/2014 at 10:59

Just cycled 11 miles, now off for lunch and to see Matilda  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.