Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

44,661 to 44,680 of 47,509 messages
21/02/2014 at 15:14

Shouldnt laugh but .... Couldnt help it!! 

I have some fab  pants from tkmax which are like a mesh material (almost like tbags!?) but i find tank shorts better than pants generally. Cant stand stubble so have stopped shaving it all off as too much faff. Could you plait it?? 

21/02/2014 at 15:31

i have luxuriant 70s style bush at the moment too. but i do 'no pants'. can't stand pants digging in when i run. i do find if bush is too long that it catches on the seam of my leggings. which isn't pleasant. that reminds me i need to trim again. so i can't advise. i will never wear pants running. i just don't like it. at all.

and camlo - i could probably plait mine at the moment. might have a go before i trim it, just for a laugh. but won't take any pictures. lol.

21/02/2014 at 15:41
Yes. I can plait them
21/02/2014 at 15:52
Lol brilliant, glad I'm not the only one.

I do have a couple of pairs of shorts style microfibre pants I haven't worn in years, I used to find they rolled up at the top of my legs but might give them another try. But I will trim too, just not the time of month to b trimming, leave it another day or two. Will need to heal anyway after my leggings attempting to wax me for most of the run. Thank God I'm not a man, heaven knows what running and cycling does to their bits. Love John Bishop's routine on waxing for cyclists, it's a cracker.
21/02/2014 at 15:56

I wear normal M and S pants - normally a pair I pull out of the washing basket as they're going to get sweaty anyway!  Used to go commando under my running shorts (loose so no chaffing) but since my pelvic floor was destroyed having babies I like another layer!

I use hair removing cream on the bikini line then trim, nothing fancy!  and I always wear shorts style bikini bottoms, partly coz I think they look nicer, but also you can get away with less frequent hair removal!

Talking of swim suits, I want a new one, either a bikini or swim suit, but a functional one that I can swim in without it falling off, any suggestions? 

21/02/2014 at 16:14

I've got a dull but functional Speedo swimsuit Caro, black and pink with medium legs.  A lot of them are so high cut they're indecent!

Lol at this conversation about bushes though, trying not to chuckle too loudly or kids might ask what I'm laughing about .

So I saw the physio this morning and she basically confirmed what I suspected - that I could run the HM in 6 weeks but would be in pain for most of it and probably in pain for a week or 2 afterwards.  Sound tempting?!  She's given me some more exercises and stretches and told me only to run a couple of miles at a time for a week or so as I've done no running for 2 weeks.  Trouble is I don't get many chances to go for a run so while little and often is a good method, it's not entirely practical .  It's real "back to basics" stuff which in the long run should loosen my hip and strengthen my glutes, so I suppose I have to be patient.

I always wear knickers when running/exercising, I don't think it's ever occurred to me not to! 

21/02/2014 at 17:23
Don't you find pants dig in round the tops of the legs, those of you who wear pants running? Perhaps it is just those of us with bigger thighs?? I found the elastic would dig in and I would get really sore.

I had a pair of Adidas ones which were for running which I used to wear sometimes but they are now too small for me. They didn't have the same elastic issue as they had more of a stretchy band. They were ok. But too lardy for them now I think
21/02/2014 at 17:49
My microfibre ones were big pants from primark and were great, but they have started rubbing right in the crease at top of inside leg. They r probably just old and that is what's causing it, so some new ones will likely help. But they have rubbed the same spot so many times I now have a little skin tag in that spot which if course rubs even more. Plus nearest primark is 15-20 miles away and involves parking in multistorey car park so can't b gassed.
21/02/2014 at 19:20

yes, TT - that's where mine used to rub too. hideous. and is why i stopped wearing any kind of pants.

if you like i can look in primark for you next time i'm there. (not that it's a habitual place of pilgramage for me, i promise you). if you tell me what size you want and colour preference if relevant, i can pick some up and pop them in the post to you. i always buy my pants in size ginormous because i hate skimpy pants sticking up my crack anyway!

oh and you will all no doubt be pleased to know, i trimmed my bush after my run and before my shower tonight.

Edited: 21/02/2014 at 19:20
21/02/2014 at 19:24

sooo..... J and E have been talking for a few weeks about 'Daddy's friend J', who has a daughter M.  i thought - ooer, that sounds like a girlfriend. wonder what happened to the last one. i know she hasn't been to stay for ages but they did spend new years with her, including staying over.

anwyay, yesterday E told me when i spoke to her that J and M were coming to stay tonight and staying in her bedroom (she has a double bed in there as well as her bed). T's mum is staying as well, so she has the spare room in the annex i guess.

i must admit to being a little surprised. presumably he hasn't been seeing her for that long - or if he has, he was seeing his ex at the same time as the new one, since he saw her for new year.

and i'm also a bit put out that he hasn't mentioned it to me. i can't stop him from doing whatever he likes, obviously, and having whomever to stay he chooses. but having his new girlfriend come and sleep in the same room as E with her daughter (don't know the age of her daughter)... well i'm sure E will love it, but for some reason it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

of course, he won't say anything to me about his new girlfriend...

21/02/2014 at 19:32

oh and in case i wasn't clear - kids haven't met J and M before. they have spoken on the phone. so this is the first meeting.

21/02/2014 at 20:27

Personally if I was introducing my new boyfriend to my kids I would tell my ex so he could help prepare them, and also out of courtesy as he is the kids Dad.........but then I'm not sure T thinks like any of us does he??  

Pants have never rubbed........now putting a gel down your cleavage in your bra, that I do not recommend!  Ouch.

New series of One Born on Monday..........

21/02/2014 at 21:16

Loving the pants discussion.  I always wear just a big pair of regular comfy pants. The one time I didn't in a running race, was Berlin marathon a few years ago.  I wore an old pair of tri shorts as it was 27 degrees so no pants underneath (i usually run in capri/under knee style with pants as i have fat thighs and prefer to cover them up) and i stopped for a wee about mile 5 and pulled the shorts up - RIP up the inside of my leg, near the top.  i spent a while panicking, wondering what the hell I should do and hoping they didn't trip any further otherwise I would be flashing.  Anyway, I kind of pulled the bottoms up so they were halved, and i ran 21 miles with my thigh out.  I have never been able to look at any photos of that race as I can't face the sight of me wearing hot pants on one leg.  Never wear something new in a race, but don't wear something really old either 

Not sure if watching the new series of One Born is a good idea or not!!

I hope everyone is well.  The sun was out in London today.  Lovely and feels like a real treat.

21/02/2014 at 21:27

So where in London are you Pip?

I was in work for 10 hrs and didn't stop or set foot outside at all.  Fortunately the weather looks nice tomorrow as well, and I it was one of those days at work where I actually felt like I achieved something rather than just being super stressed and rushed off my feet.

I love a bit of One Born......especially as I know I am NEVER doing that again! Unlike you who will be doing it very soon  2 yrs ago I was 9 months pregnant, happily watching it right up until I gave birth - but the week after I was slightly more sympathetic.  It didn't last long though!

21/02/2014 at 21:41
Weather was vicious here today. Periods of sun to lull us into false sense of security. And then massive squally showers with hail and mental winds. As I discovered when I went for a run at the estuary and got battered by wind and hail!
21/02/2014 at 21:50

Home from Center Parcs. Boiler is Knackered. House perishing. Man from Scottish gas can't fix it. Feck.

21/02/2014 at 21:50

But the bush chat still amused. Amuse bush. lol. Sorry. I think I'm slightly hysterical. 

21/02/2014 at 21:55
Oh bum EF! ( in the spirit of my earlier post )
21/02/2014 at 22:03
Amuse bush. Lol.

Bugger to boiler. Why can't they fix it???
21/02/2014 at 22:25

they think it needs new spark plugs but of course it's fri night so can't fix til Monday - first day back to work natch - but also it might not be that so they are sending another man out tomorrow to have a go when the ariston help desk is open to make suggestions as to the problem. Not exactly confidence inspiring. In the meantime it's got a label saying it's unsafe and not to be used. I can ignore it but I don't tend to mess with gas. It's too scary. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.