my groin headache

Disaster strikes!!! help anyone??

8 messages
21/08/2003 at 13:02
Hi chaps. I can't believe it 10 days to Sherbourne and I get the groin injury from hell. I've iced til I thought I would never father any children : taken Iboprufen, had physio, but it does not want to play at all.

I'm OK (ish) on the bike and swimming. Once i get through the initial 'bite' of the pain I can sort of ignore it especially if I don't try and drive hard uphill from the saddle.

Running is a whole world of pain however. I can hardly pull my right leg through a stride without some real grief.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that will at least get me through the race. I'll deal with the consequences afterwards!!
21/08/2003 at 13:38
I asked the same question a few days ago and got no response :(
21/08/2003 at 15:02
Hi,
I got a recurrent groin injury about a year ago. It started as a twinge but the next few days was hell - I could barely lift my leg - even getting out of cars was a major problem!
I'm not an expert but from what my physio told me and from my own experience I really would NOT run through it. You will inflame it and it will take longer to fix afterwards...
21/08/2003 at 15:02
Have faith in the Forum Luke ......
21/08/2003 at 15:10
Drat and double drat. Not the right answer at all. Where's the one that says everything will be fine and just rub the cream on and it will go away, and do a pb into the bargain?
21/08/2003 at 15:11
Actually, icing improves the health and motility of sperm.
21/08/2003 at 15:43
Hmmm. Thanks for that reassuring thought J but I remain unconvinced ; and anyway it's not much good if the ice freezes 'em to the point where they drop off!!
kjs
23/08/2003 at 18:10
Snap-I'v picked up groin strain 4 first time,and had it 4 weeks now although it is getting better-iv also iced it reg,but racing after a few days of picking it up did not help-especially as my usual rivals beat me easy!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.