My knees makes me feel like i'm just not meant to run :-(

41 to 43 of 43 messages
18/07/2013 at 09:30

Nice to hear that a visit to the doctors by a runner has helped! Sounds like you knee'ded it!

18/07/2013 at 14:37

Great news Lucy.  Well done for persevering.  Hope you continue to enjoy your running.

07/08/2013 at 13:16

Thanks both, sorry for the late responce!

So, I joined a running group on monday, really enjoyed the run, got round with only a few walking stops but also to rest my knee as it started to 'twinge'. Found out we ran 4 miles which is the most i've ever run, felt amazing!!!

Woke up yesterday to no pain until I tried to go upstairs and I couldn't put weight on my right knee! The pain was awful, I felt so so sad. Lived off Ibuprofen yesterday.

Just found out from the leader that the first mile we did was in 9minutes!!! My fastest mile was 10.58 minutes....!!!!!

Do you think thats it? A combination of pushing myself too much to keep up has flared up my knee?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.