Myofacial therapy

3 messages
04/05/2009 at 19:50

Has anyone ever had the above, not the one with the roller but when the physio uses gentle manipulation of the muscles/ Myofacial sheath to root out the cause of your pain.

I thought i had shin splints but today i discovered that i ahd scar tissue from a knock that i sustained to my calf, cant recall injuring it.

I experienced some strange sensations which were all very pleasant(not something you associate with physio's ) so the telling time will be when i go for a run tommorrow, if it has worked then i will know instantaneously as the pain should be gone or minimal, and do you know what that means.

After 2 weeks of not running, my Edinburgh marathon will be back on and hopefully with a decent time, fingers crossed.

M

04/05/2009 at 22:34

Hi Mark, I use myofascial release techniques regularly with good effect. Very effective for trigger points too.

You can't beat a professional doing it, but for DIY treatments get a foam roller and... s l o w l y.... roll over any tight spots until you feel the tissue soften and release. Great for quads, ITB and calves

04/05/2009 at 23:20
Yes, i have a roller and use it at times, it's strange how much pain you can cause yourself and carry on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.