250k???????????????

I thought that was a big media hype!

you dont do you?
28/06/2006 at 16:56
Not even a quarter of that!

Mind you I am a parttimer. Too busy r*nning
28/06/2006 at 16:57
phew
for a minute there i thought i was in the worng job with all the on call and what have you
well, the job i used to do

I know what I mean
28/06/2006 at 16:59
You not tempted by GP land then?

I take it you were/are a hospital doc?
28/06/2006 at 17:00
I used to be a consultant nephrologist

Currently "resting"

Nah, no GP for me
You cant be a GP and refuse to see kids can you?
28/06/2006 at 17:03
Ahh - sadly not. Not even at home.

On the plus side you can respond to message boards nigh on instantly.

I quite enjoyed my renal house job. Never had the Greek for it though.
28/06/2006 at 17:04
ya dont need Greek

Thats just a ploy to put people off
nephrology is about common sensze and sick old people

too much ivory tower stuff form too amny people in that specialty
28/06/2006 at 17:12
Hmmm. 'Treat the figures' and all that. Never really put me off but GP always appealed more.

I've followed some of your thoughts re work so far. All too common in the NHS, sadly. A substantial portion of our practice list (about 10% of adults) and health care workers in the NHS and you're far from alone.

Sure i can't persuade you to leave the dark side?
28/06/2006 at 17:13
Im not closing the door on any options Bendy

I havent decided what I am going to do next

Being a hozzie consualtant does actually mean i never planned my career, just set my eyes on the goal and did what i had to do
Now i need to decide what i WANT to do

thats going to be hard
28/06/2006 at 17:18
With the ongoing 'divide and conquer' strategy the DoH seem to be employing across the medical board now, I guess many of us are not where we expected to be a decade ago. I'm certainly not. Our side has morphed enormously since I started out 17 years ago. God knows where we'll end up.

Still - we'll still be able to access RW fora from our call centres in Bangalore
28/06/2006 at 17:20
chuckle!!!!!!!!!

Right
Time to drag this carcass out for a little plod
28/06/2006 at 17:22
Quite right - nice chatting to you Hippo.

I'm off home. Another day of valuable use of tax payers money >ahem<
28/06/2006 at 17:42
GP land aint too bad really, Me I am full time and we earn that.....

Shame I cant take it hiome tho, I cant find those receptionists and dispensers who are happy to work for nothing, those drug companies, electricity and phone companies keep on demanding we pay them, the VAT man comes a calling and he aint cheap etc .....

The papers forgot about the differrence between gross and net. I pay tax on a hell of a lot less than what the papers claimed. That was all hype tp cover up the closure of a major paed centre in London

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.