Niggling Hamstring for years

3 messages
06/10/2013 at 14:42

hey,

I injured my hamstring while playing football probably around 6-7 years ago now.  I just felt it pull while sprinting.  I didn't have any bruising but I also never iced it or anything and to be honest, I didn't do much to try and repair it and to let it heal.

Ever since then, if I run unexpectedly without a proper streth and warm up I feel a sharp(ish) shooting type pain in my hamstring area.  I do go to the gym and do exercise my legs, curls, reverse curls, squats, deadlifts etc with no probem.

Even if I feel I have warmed up properly, as soon as I have to sprint, i feel that pain again.  It's not that it's painful, it's more of a discomfort.  I then end up having to take time out and stretch/warm up again! 

I can run on treadmill with no issues however the sprints I really only do if I'm outdoors or playing football.  Sharp movements such as performing a backhell at footy will cause the same pain if not warmed up properly.

The pain is most apparent however when I'm on the punchbag.

Is this something i will have to live with now or can I still eradicate this problem?

06/10/2013 at 15:47

Its scar tissue buried in the good muscle.

You need to massage the stuff out.

07/10/2013 at 12:14

sounds promising, thanks for the reply!  I'll need to make use of the foam rollers at the gym and see if that helps.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.