Niggling pain in calf

Probably need new shoes

2 messages
24/05/2007 at 13:59
I have recently developed a small pain / ache in my left calf slowly moving down towards my foot. I have increased the intensity of my speed sessions but not by very much, and other than that no other changes.

Im thinking I probably need new shoes but would like the general consensus first.

Thanks
24/05/2007 at 14:28
From my own experience, I found that after a long term niggling injury, I changed shoes and everything was fine. Kept the running sensible (off road where possible) and no more than 3 x per week but managed to train for and run a 1/2 with no problems at all. I then picked up my speed work (but tried to follow the rules by decreasing duration and frequency for a bit!) and the niggle's back with avengance.

The annoying thing is the shoes have been reassessed and are still fine so do we need different shoes and a different assessment for faster running?

Sorry if that's not very helpful but I'd love to know the answer too!

Becky

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.