Niggly knees

Recurring injuries preventing consistent training – can anyone help with supplements, and exercises/weights in the gym

1 message
19/05/2013 at 11:58

I am having problems with training consistently and staying injury free.

About 4 years ago I had keyhole surgery on my ACL on my right knee (snowboarding injury), and have ran in fits and starts since then.

However, any time I begin training in earnest for 10km races at a frequency of 3 times per week (2x 5km- 8kms in the week predominantly on road, and a longer run at the weekend on trail), about  6-8 weeks prior to the event, then the niggles being.

Can anyone suggest any exercises that could be done in the gym or supplements/vitamins that can be taken to help with strengthening the area. The problems are in both knees, so whether it is the surface I run on or my style/gait, I don't know. Thanks in advance, one frustrated runner!

Edited: 19/05/2013 at 11:58

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.