nipple chafing

4 messages
31/10/2002 at 21:45
i am a pharmacist and also run a bit. in my first every race i suffered with bleeding nipples. they were very sore for days afterwards. there is a product that is only usually supplied on prescription, but you can buy it in pharmacies by asking the pharmacist. the product is called TEGADERM. it is like a sticky piece of cling film you can cut it to size and stick on you nipples. it pretty cheap & stays on for days after. i have just run my first marathon, dublin (4h 19min) and the tegaderm worked a treat.
02/11/2002 at 12:17
Sounds just what you guys need. I'll relay the name of this to the guys at my running club who will no doubt have similar problems at some stage.
Thanks.
02/11/2002 at 17:20
Nipguards are also great, www.nipguards.com, or a colleague uses cornplaters which seem just as good and a lot cheaper.
02/11/2002 at 17:41
Thanks Kevin.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.