not so fat club Tue 8th

21 to 34 of 34 messages
She
08/10/2002 at 16:10
V-rap that is outrageous! Actually, it has been know for me to purchase the odd tin of fizzy e-numbers, although its always the 'skinny' stuff. But yes, it will cause all manner of nasty things to happen to you - eeeeek!
08/10/2002 at 16:17
I'm sorry, but can we stop with the anti-accountants bit today please? Its bad enough living and working with them - without finding them here too!! This was my escape route......
08/10/2002 at 17:10
Stumpy, I am not anti-accountant. I rather like most of the accountants I know, including the one to whom I pay a substantial annual fee, and value the job they do, especially as I would hate to do it myself. My tongue was in my cheek, probably trying to gouge out the last fragment of potato crisp.
08/10/2002 at 17:19
My name is Glenn and I am an accountant. Sorry Stumpy.
08/10/2002 at 17:29
My name is Tortoise and I am a tax consultant. Sorry too, Stumpy.

PS I hasten to add that I work on the opposite side to the Inland Revenue - so it could be worse!
08/10/2002 at 17:48
15 minutes to gin
Only one bag of crisps today plus sandwich
Hungry now
Baked potatoes take ages to cook
Did my tax return at 4 am a cuople of weeks ago, should be grateful to the git who phoned me at 2 am, or i wouldnt have been too annoyed to sleep, and wouldnt have done it
Theres a sliver lining to every cloud
08/10/2002 at 17:55
Gin. Now there's a good idea. I think I'll pick some up on the way home - I've been on the wine mostly lately.

Baked potates don't take long in the microwave, but they don't taste as good.
08/10/2002 at 17:59
Oh it's going from bad to worse guys... I thought, like you all did, that if I ate the Mars bar this morning, that would be the 'naughtiness' over for the day, but NO..! Was very good at lunchtime with my friend and all I had was a tuna sandwich, then when I got home, the Mr had bought a slab (& I mean slab!) of bread pudding from the bakers.. he said that he'd had a bit but it was a bit heavy for him, so he had left it.. he said, 'you won't like it..it's too heavy..'... well, proved him wrong didn't I and polished off the lot..!! What is happening to me!! Am now going to get ready to go to the running club.. cos you all know I don't feel like going now..!!! Hope tomorrow is a better day..!!!
Michelle x
08/10/2002 at 18:00
Isn't bread pudding reasonably healthy? Suppose it depends on how much sugar you put in it.
08/10/2002 at 18:13
Not the way I make it, Glenn - bread, butter, jam or raisins, eggs, hefty sprinkling of nuts and sugar...but it's for my husband and kids because I don't like sloppy puddings much.
08/10/2002 at 18:22
Hang on. Isn't that something different - bread and butter pudding maybe? The bread pudding I know isn't sloppy, you could kill cockroaches with it - like a brieze block with sultanas in.

Had borshch for breakfast today, thanks to Russian wife who made it the evening before.
08/10/2002 at 18:42
Bloody gin is frozen solid, cos the Mr forgot to turn fast freeze off!!
Found some wine so that will have to do
Yum , nearly tea time
Dont worry Michelle, youll run it all off
08/10/2002 at 18:46
One of my receptionists (now retired) used to bring in the stuff you're describing - it was like bricks made out of bread, dried fruit, cinnamon and superglue. There was no distinction where I grew up - "bread and butter pudding" and "bread pudding" both meant the sloppy stuff, though not as sloppy as my mother-in-law makes it (she doesn't use eggs).

Hope you didn't spill the borscht down your nice clean shirt, Glenn - it never washes out.
08/10/2002 at 19:54
Well I have been ... not too bad ... oh hell I've been terrible, eating all week and today I even had 2 pkts of crisps .. and a wee bar of the sugary tablet stuff ... but went out for my first run tonight since my long walk (marathon) and apart from my knee thinking it was elastic I had a real enjoyable run... made me smile and I felt good ... now icing the knee ... and planning a trip to the gym tomorrow .. haven't weighed myself for over 2 weeks ... not to sure I want to either !!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.