Oh no, my foot hurts

Marathon in 10 days!

5 messages
14/10/2008 at 12:50

I'm doing Beachy Head in 10 days. But yesterday I woke up with my right foot feeling very stiff across the sole. I rested yesterday and stretched a lot. Today it feels much the same- not quite sore, but definitely not right. I cycled this morning and it's ok as long as I don't flex my foot too much. But I think running would be a problem.

I've had plantar faciaitis (sp?) before, and that came on very suddenly and was more painful, so I'm not sure if this is just a bit of a twinge, or if it's on the way to becoming something worse.

Any advice on how to get it better in time for the marathon would be much appreciated!

14/10/2008 at 15:37

Put a bottle of water in the freezer then when frozen roll it under your foot.   Give it a good rest til Beachy.

blimey, is it only 10 days til Beachy!!!   Helpppp

14/10/2008 at 16:38
You could even try a Doctor or a Practice Nurse.and ask them .....
14/10/2008 at 16:46
Yeah might be a plantar fascia strain as opposed to the return of fasciitis. Have a look here for treatment info
14/10/2008 at 16:59

Thanks guys. I will try the icing technique. It does feel more like a strain so hopefully won't take too long to repair itself!

Yes shimmy shimmy, it is only 10 days... I'm starting to get more scared than excited now!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.