orange eyelids?

wtf?

21 to 38 of 38 messages
13/03/2007 at 07:53
I feel I must atone for my flippant 'Wotsits' suggestion, but as I am no medical expert I cannot offer a serious diagnosis. I can, perhaps, raise a smile. My extensive google searches based on your symptoms lead me to ask the following.

1. If you also have a large hooked bill, then it is possible that you are a herring gull. What's a nice gull like you doing in a place like this?

2. If you are not happy with your eyelids, why not snap up a great deal on new ones at uk.shopping.com.

3. If you stare at a colour long enough, and then look at something white you will see the complimentary colour. Is it possible the rest of you has turned bright green?

In the absence of any sensible suggestions, I must echo PH. Go and get it checked out. At the very least you will probably find out what 'orange eyelid' is in Latin.
13/03/2007 at 07:55
SOG

you really DID just make me LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Tor-didnt you have conjunctivitis a while back
13/03/2007 at 07:57
Could it be all the red wine & Guinness? And a couple of late nights? Though it doesn't get any better if I get more sleep.#

Ehmmmm... yeah - could be that; causing you to forget to take your make up off before you pass out hence the orangey eye-shadow that's left... Very 80's I must say :-)
13/03/2007 at 08:09

Toria,

I have bad news....

You've been TANGO'd!

;o)

13/03/2007 at 08:48
SOG, that post has set me up giggling for the day. Classic!
13/03/2007 at 08:54
*waits for the Henson/Welsh jokes to start*

Any moment now...

Hipps - I don't think it was conjunc..., I think it's when this started. Will see how the next couple of days go as am frantically busy at work.
13/03/2007 at 08:56
ah, i see Tor
so it predates the moisturiser application????

(im sorry for laughing at some of the posts on here, but some are classic)
13/03/2007 at 10:21
Yeah, I thought mine was funny till RRR posted... now my attempt at humour seems pretty sad compared to that posting!
13/03/2007 at 10:28
Excellent, SOG.

:-)
13/03/2007 at 12:12
Are you eyelids orange and scaly? (Seriously). Sometimes shampoo gives me scaly orange-ish patches on my eyelids (got ne now, as a matter of fact). Have you changed shampoo/ moisteriser etc??
Sorry to be sensible!
13/03/2007 at 13:32
Jiggi - good point, I'll have to look at what I'm using. It's all currently Clarins (had a mad moment) so I would have thought it ok.

(I don't mind anyone laughing btw; it is rather weird.)
13/03/2007 at 13:42
yes, very good point form jiggi
thats why i asked whether the problem pre dated you using moisturiser on the area

clarins OUGHT to be ok though
13/03/2007 at 21:14
I think I put moisturiser on it when it started thinking it was just dry skin but it's not cleared up.

Right, early night tonight after Life on Mars.

13/03/2007 at 23:38
have you recently dyed your hair?
14/03/2007 at 11:38
Is there beta carotene in your moisturiser?

A friend of mine's baby's nose and eyelids turned orange recently (seriously) and it turned out to be too much vitamin A (beta carotene) which now seems to be loaded into baby foods.

Maybe your eyelids are overdosing.
14/03/2007 at 22:13
flipflip - good point, I'll check tonight.

SLAW - why does everyone think I dye my hair? I'm not lp! ;o)
14/03/2007 at 22:14
no
but it is an amazing colour

you should take that as a compliment BTW
14/03/2007 at 22:19
Thank you SOG! That really made me laugh.

I did wonder about your moisturiser too Ms Toria. I can't use Clarins - I get a reaction to it. I bet there is beta carotine in the eye cream ... it's supposed to be good for eyes isn't it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.