Osteitis pubis

It's in the groin

21 to 22 of 22 messages
15/12/2013 at 12:03

Oh my, I think I might finally have found a possible explanation for the groin pain that has caused me running problems on and off since 2010. Initially noticed it first after runs over 8 miles. Over the last year or so however I'm in such pain after even a short run that I've all but give up.    Physio suspected hairline pelvic fracture but nothing seen on xray. Nothing else suggested other than "something muscular" and stretching exercises which have changed nothing. I suspect whatever it is happened as result of childbirth in 2007. Does this sound like a candidate?? 

02/01/2014 at 23:51

I self diagnosed I have this after googling all my symptoms and reading up on various conditions. My GP agreed and referred me to NHS physio which I've been doing for the last couple of months. They've said tendinopathy but I feel they are clutching at straws. I have been given strengthening exercises but have no improvement whatsoever. Tried a road run the other day and was in pain after 1 mile. I thought after a 5 month rest period I could at least run a short distance but it wasn't to be. Totally fed up and getting desperate now. Should I just give it more time?  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.