OUCH My shins

4 messages
05/06/2014 at 10:33

Hi, Ive been running/jogging for about 10months, nothing serious, i started slowly and increased my training too quickly about 5 months ago, i got shin pain (right leg)and a stress fracture (left foot) i recovered well with minimal running, just lots of gym work. I recently did the London Colour run 5k which was totally amazing At the end of the run me and my running buddies decided to sprint the last 200m, since then i have had mild pain in my shins, mainly my right, i find this SOOOO ANNOYING! as i know i should probably stop, i have a run tonight which is manly on the beach but also with some coastal path (tarmac)  also im entered into a Half Marathon on the 29th of this month and im wondering what to do for the best as i need to increase my training to be able to do the Half?

Help

05/06/2014 at 13:07

Using the search function will help, or google. Both are quick too.

05/06/2014 at 13:08

Try to focus on your form, sounds like you are a prolific heal striker like myself. I find it strange to not run with my legs out infront of me, but it works. Good luck in your race, take it easy for a few days

05/06/2014 at 13:23

Thanks Dunney- i will try my hardest and wont hit the race to hard tonight

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.