Pain around achilles - Help!

Any advice welcome!

3 messages
29/08/2005 at 09:58

Folks,

Been running on and off for 3 years - but no expert!

I am about to run the GNR and then BLNM in a few weeks time, however I feel that I may have picked up an injury.

The problem is my training hasn't gone according to plan and I have only been doing one long run a week; between 11 - 15 miles, but not much else! I know this isn't the best form of training! However during my long run (12 miles)yesterday, I noticed my right achilles(I think!) getting painful. I completed the run but now it is painful(currently not excrutiating!) but dont want it to get any worse.

2 qustions - Can I just carry on running through it? And what do you 'experts' recommend?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Gareth

29/08/2005 at 10:35
Could be what I have had -achilles tendonitis. I saw a physio had some treatment and stayed off running for 6 weeks! Did you warm up properly for the run -apparently that didn't help in my case. Also do much more stretching now and warm up properly by starting runs with a walk and slow start.
29/08/2005 at 10:41
Thanks for the reply - although ain't good as my runs are in 3 and 5 weeks respectively!

I am gonna try lots of strecthing and say my prayers!

See how I go on in the 1/2 and take it form there!

Thanks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.