pain in feet

4 messages
13/04/2008 at 13:26

Hello everyone, i havent been on the forum for quite some time but thought now was the time to return.  Approx 4 years ago i had pf, recovered from that and continued with my running. Unfortunately Dec 2006 i fell and injured my coxic (I know this isnt the right spelling!!) and then last Oct i pulled up with pain in my hip and left heel.  i immediately stopped running and made an appt to see my physio.  She worked on my hip, lower back, knee (i have itsb in my left knee) and coxic area.  Unfortunately i still have the pain in my left heel - i know its not pf as its not the same symptoms.  im really at a low now as i cant run but equally i cant row or ride a bike because of the pain in my coxic.  Obviously my weight has increased a bit becasue of the lack of exercise and i am partial to a glass of wine (i know this isnt helping). 

i think the initial injury to my heel was caused by wearing the wrong shoes for work as they had no inner support.  i wear heel inserts when i can.  i just wondered if i should use them and continue to run?

what are your views on whether i should return to my physio or seek help from a pod?  my daughter has suggested that i speak to her physio - shes under an excellent sporting university quite close by.

all views greatly appreciated. i want to return to my running - basic as it may be.  i would like to be able to run the Adidas womens challenge in september.  

14/04/2008 at 13:19

Hi

What about a heel spur? Sounds like it could be the problem as a heel spur is sometimes the cause of PF in the first place.

A heel spur is basically a bony protusion under the heel which causes pain on impact. You would need an x-ray to diagnose this and so i would recommend a Dr who can refer you for this.

You can also get heel pads which are accomodative and have a heel plug (indentation) over the area of the heel to reduce pressure on it when you walk/run. You can get these from

www.return2fitness.co.uk

Heidi (Sports Rehabilitator) 

14/04/2008 at 18:35

what are your symptoms?

you say they are not the same as PF but what are they?

16/04/2008 at 15:35
hi footman.  when i had the pf i had pain in between my heel and the ball of my foot. the pain i get now is def in the heel area, slightly to the right of my heel. when i press against it i feel the pain and obviously wehni walk on it.  it is painful to walk on when i first get up in the morning or if im on my feet for a long time. as i mentiond   earlier in my post i think  it was possibly casued by wearing flat shoes with no support in them. i have started to do some aerobics but am worried about getting out running again.  i wear the same inserts as last time as they have a purpose heel area.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.