Pain in the Planter fasciitis

Injury

41 to 44 of 44 messages
19/10/2008 at 19:47

This is what my physio told me to do:

Calf stretches  

Stretches for the plantar fascia - stand with the balls of your feet on a step.  Slowly drop your heels down so you feel the stretch in your calf muscles and plantar fascia, then slowly raise them up again.  Repeat 10 times several times a day.

Massage - warm up the PF by putting your feet on a hot water bottle (don't stand on it, obviously!).  Then roll a golf ball around under the arch of your foot, or one of those wooden foot massagers, or simply use your thumbs.

Worked for me!

27/03/2013 at 17:30

gonna get me some plantar faciitis insoles to help me not get this

27/03/2013 at 17:31

Hope fully these plantar faciitis insoles will get me back on my feet once more!

27/03/2013 at 21:07

josph ping Just recently after 2 years with this problem I am again tentively running again.Not far and not fast but at least running.

I am trying to use the Chi running method to avoid hill striking, I am also now wearing compression socks and will even when its shorts  time( if  it ever does arrive ) and I also have three pairs of support insoles but now that will be four as those you have brought look like they are definitely worth a try so thanks for posting and good luck with the injury.

I will also add that as much as I have cycled and swum its never compensated me for not been able to run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.