Pain on left thigh/quadriceps

Rectus Femoris, Vastus Lateralis, Vastus Medialis

1 message
07/10/2011 at 14:34

Hi guys,

At the end of my workout (starting with 40mins byke) I normally run for 15mins on the treadmill at speed of 7.8-8.0, I think I overdid it last monday , I was feeling fit so I pushed speed to 8.2-8.3.

Somehow I started to feel an odd pain on my hip, it felt like I pulled a tendon, I thought nothing of it, and trained again 2 days afterwards. This time the pain had moved down to the quadriceps, and if I could be technical, looking at a picture on the internet, the muscles in pain are:

Iliacus (where pain seems to have started)

Rectus Femoris,

Vastus Lateralis,

Vastus Medialis,

Sartorius.

Bottom line: pain is located in the top left and centre of leg and for four days now I have been walking with a limp, I feel pain everytime I walk and everytime I stand up after sitting for a while.

Did any of you experience something similar? What have I done? I will apply RICE,  as well as consider Physio at some point.

Also, what cardio could I do when I'm not running? Swimming OK? Cycling at low intensity OK?

I look forward to receiving some response

Cheers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.