Pain on sprinting, fine on jogging

to rest or not to rest?

3 messages
09/01/2007 at 09:06
basically the band of muscle that runs from groin to thigh aches all day. I can jog through it at normal pace and it eases a bit, but any idea of sprinting is out.

I've had casual little rests..like a week over christmas, and 4 days but yesterday i had a good nice paced run but waking up aching now.

Is this simply a couple of week rest job?

i do all the right stretches, and ice it and heat it well too.

I've been aware of a slight niggle for a few months and through football i could feel the burn and it went into a tight hamstring as well.. The hamstring is fine through stercthing but this niggle is worse!

any help?
09/01/2007 at 09:27
I am getting a similar thing which I can run through but it aches for a few days afterwards.

As I'm aiming for my first 10K in March I feel that I should be doing more training than I am but don't want to overdo it.

Frustrating.
09/01/2007 at 10:30
even more frustrating when you are used to a good 25miles a week, and have done 45 races in my "career!"

really want to gte my powerful top speed back!

a couple of weeks rst it is then

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.