Pain on top of the foot in the ankle joint

3 messages
20/12/2012 at 16:36

I develope a pain at the top of the foot inside where it meets the left ankle joint (in the corner of the L , on top right in the middle of the joint). This comes after about 3km and then gets too painful to run. I stop and press my fingers onto the tendon area and can run for another 500m when it starts coming back. I then get a stiffness in the muscle running up the outside of the shin.  No pain after running and none while walking. This started a long while back but  happened only when I used a treadmill and now it is starting while running and I have to stop all the time. Perhasp someone can help?

02/01/2013 at 23:05

my girlfriend had a similar pain , she wasn't stretching her calves and backs of her legs after running . Once she started stretching after each run , and sometimes just after the pain went .

03/01/2013 at 07:28

Thanks...I noticed this pain was severe when my calf muscles were tight. Interestingly, I ran a day after this but had an early night, no alcohol and then had a breakfast and was hydrated and ran nearly double the distance with no pain. I drink a  lot of beer and it dehydrates me and it seems that when i run in the morning my muscles do not have enough fluid and my quads get weak. After not drinking beer and also having a breakfast, my legs were totally different and the pain in the foot went away. Tendons must be connected in weird ways. Thanks for your response.....I wonder if there is a thread about running after drinking the night before. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.