Pain outside of foot

21 to 24 of 24 messages
01/04/2011 at 21:13

Tricia: Sympathies. I feel for you - I'll be wishing I was running on Sunday as well. But since although my stress fracture is now pain-free I'm having other foot pain problems, I'm not even going to be completing a Parkrun this weekend, never mind a HM. Managed 2 x 10 mins this morning.... Got an initial physio appointment booked for next week, so maybe I'll know more after that.

01/04/2011 at 23:05
i would say Planta Fasciitis, i had exatly the same symptoms and it got diagnosed as that, for now try and put insoles in all your shoes to ease the pain and pressure of your foot
06/04/2011 at 08:56

im pretty sure it is planta fasciitis, caused mainly by hilly race

im going to take a month off from running after the marathon  to let it heal

08/04/2011 at 09:14

TH - how is your foot now? Did you get a firm diagnosis? Only wondering as the pain you had seemed to be in a similar place to where mine was.

My foot pain disappeared about 2 days after receiving thorough sports massage. Funny how a muscle problem in the leg was only generating pain in the arch / side of my foot! The marathon I was meant to be doing is this Sunday - feel mixed emotions - relief at having deferred my entry &  disappointment to be missing out.

Hope your marathon goes well & have a lovely relaxing few weeks off after!  

Let us know how you get on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.