Painful Abdominal Muscles

2 messages
27/03/2006 at 12:01
Hi,
I'm intending running the FLM, long mileage training has been going well up till now, after running the East Hull 20 in 2.41 have had some very tender lower abdominal muscle soreness, to the point that I was unable to run last week. I ventured out on Sunday for 10 miles at a pace well below marathon pace and yet again I'm suffering from tender Abs. Do I risk resting a further week and losing fitness, or take apinkillers and run through it. Would static cycling in the gym help? Any advice from anyone appreciated
27/03/2006 at 12:19
did you run faster than normal? If you did and this was your 1st race of the year then I would expect some form of soreness as you are racing and not training.
Take a couple of days on cycle to keep up CV fitness then go out for another run you should be ok.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.