Painful hip and back

1 message
29/12/2013 at 19:15

Hi all, I have been running for a few years and I have now developed a sore hip and a very painful back. When I'm running it's sore but bearable but within hrs post run it is so painful I don't know what to do with it. I suffer from sciatica and this just compounds the problem. I have seen my gp and they were as helpful as ever, not. He claimed it was early arthritis didn't offer any help though.... I've been taking 150mg of diclofenac  a day for two weeks but this does not help. I am opiate dependent so I'm not allowed to take anything like tramadol or Valium. It's getting to the stage were I'm seriously thinking of giving up running but I'm committed to a charity for the VLM14. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Thank you.....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.