patella degenerative disease

1 message
17/04/2011 at 14:05

having had paid in my left knee on and off for about 3 years i have finally been diagnosed with Patellofemoral degenerative disease with a slightly tight lateral retinaculum.  ive been told that arthroscopy is quite unpredicatable and would probably give no improvement.  i have most pain when walking downstairs but is sometimes noticeable when i drive too.

i have been referred to NHS physio to build up my medial quads and cant deny that when ive used the physio before i have noticed some improvement.  i have also been told to stop running as it isnt good for my knees!!  obviously i stopped running when the pain started about two months ago but the thought of giving up forever is getting to me now.

my questions are:- has anyone else had this?  if so what stage are you at?   will i be able to restart running?

would a sports physio be better to see than a normal NHS physio?

many thanks for any replies

Edited: 17/04/2011 at 20:42

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.