Physiotherapy

4 messages
11/05/2010 at 11:03

Good Morning everyone.

Just a general enquiry really about running injuries.  I have developed a pain/ache in my right ankle, it started yesterday and seems to come and go.  I can be walking around normally one minute then a sharp pain will go through the ankle and it makes me limp.  I haven't gone over on the ankle and it didn't start hurting after I had been running, it just seemed to develop all of a sudden while at work.

Do you think I should leave it for a few days and see how it goes or just bite the bullet and go to a physio, to be honest the thought of missing a few days of running worries me and the pain isn't there when I do actually run but I also don't want to risk making it worse. 

How much are physios generally for a treatment which i assume is an hour usually???

Thanks 

12/05/2010 at 09:56
might be worth seeing your GP first before paying a physio.  I think private physio is around £30-£35/session, shouldn't be much more than that x
12/05/2010 at 22:42
If it only started yesterday why not just rest it - certainly don't go and see a GP anyway they wont have a clue what you've done and will probably quite rightly tell you not to run for a few weeks and see how it goes.
12/05/2010 at 22:48
only advised that so not having to pay out and might be able to access a physio on NHS if needed.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.