Plantar Fasciitis success

My route to recovery

1 message
24/01/2013 at 14:24

Hi guys,

Last May, I developed crippling plantar fasciitis when I did a trail half marathon and stupidly wore non supportive shoes.

As some of you have experienced, it was a long slow painful {mentally more than anything} process trying to work out what would help. Nothing really did. I spent endless days, on the Internet, over seven months looking for the magic cure. I tried just about everything and, although the pain got better, I still could not run. I gained a stone in weight and was utterly miserable.

Anyhow, at Christmas I asked for a pair of 'back on track' ceramic socks. They cost £20.00 on Amazon, so not a cheap pair of socks.

I started wearing them every day. I could certainly feel my feet tingling slighty. They are infra red and so increase the blood flow to the area. Within 3-4 days I noticed that my feet felt better Within a fortnight, I was able to put on my running shoes and go out for a run. So far, I have run in mud, hard trails and snow and my feet are great. I am only up to two miles, but have no ill effects from running at all.

I wore them every single day for three weeks and now am trying every few days. I stood talking to someone for too long one day and my heels felt a bit sore. Back in the socks and, next day, absolutely fine.

I wanted to share this with you as I have never read of anyone trying these for plantar. So, who knows, it may help one of you to recover quicker

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.