Plantar Fasciitis Trouble

What next?

21 to 35 of 35 messages
09/12/2009 at 10:34

Are you dead yet, Kerry?

Seriously, hope it works.  If you have to walk on it, avoid flat shoes.

Edited: 09/12/2009 at 10:35
09/12/2009 at 16:48

HEY,  back home.  Injection went well, there was alot of inflamation (seen in ultra sound) but no tear at all.

Doc says if there had been a tear that he could not inject it - thats were the ultra sound is key to getting this done really - hence why most people who have got the jab not using ultra s find no/little improvement as the right areas have not been injected or the wrond ones (even worse) or there has been a tear and its made things worse.

Anyway injection done, sooooooooooo sore it was too but I didn't faint this time round.

Aircast on and feet up, 5days off and 10days after that planned in the pool.

Very interesting watching the injection go in on the ultra sound.

15/12/2009 at 07:23
Just a quick post - wondering how it's going, hopefully well.
15/12/2009 at 22:26

Great thanks CC, pain free now.  All gone, Santa did bring a new PF

Im still in the pool as its only 7days since I got the injection.  Another 7days of pool training to go to be on the safe side.

Hope you are well.  Merry XMAS and a Plantar Fasciiitis pain free new year, lol.

K

16/12/2009 at 10:05

Great news.

Glad Father Christmas came early and left a new pf in the compression sock.

Hope next year goes well, look forward to seeing your name up there in the competitions .

Word of advice, if you've found something that works, keep it up, don't stop once the pf is better.  As I posted before, I have to work at it every day (but then I'm a tad older than you).   I read your comments on the pf thread and agree - core work and glutes are really important - they're both in my daily routine.   Chronic conditions are rarely caused by malfunction in one area alone - all bits are connected.

Here's to a pf-free 2010.

Edited: 16/12/2009 at 10:07
16/12/2009 at 12:54

Cheers CC,

Think I'm gonna wear the Stras. sock for life now - not just for xmas.  Last time I left it on for a few months after my PF cleared but maybe should wear it from now on, plus you get used to it, 

Enjoy the festive season.

Cheers for advice.

K

16/12/2009 at 12:57

You too

My mantra "pf is for life, not just for Christmas"

29/12/2009 at 11:33

Has anyone tried both the traditional solid night splint and the Strassburg Sock? Was wondering if the sock is any better as I currently have a Dorsiwedge splint.  I seem on the brink of recovery but can't quite rid myself of the darn PF...wondered if the S Sock would help take me to full recovery. In the main my foot is pain free except for a mild heel pain (usual prob of first thing)

Too much time on my hand at the moment with the Christmas break

29/12/2009 at 12:03
Santa did not get rid of my PF, boo hiss but I did get a nice new moutain bike to cross train on!!
29/12/2009 at 12:31

Dips, that's how mine went, the last bit to get rid of was pain (gradually decreasing) in the heel first thing in the morning.  Then it ended up as stiffness and now is fine.

I can't comment on either of those products as I had a custom-made splint made for me ( I was spoilt) but I would say try it out - on the other pf thread, we've all said that we've found different things work for us, so what worked for me won't necessarily work for you, or anyone else.

Give it a go, if it works, , if it doesn't, then try something else. 

As the pf contracts back overnight, I used to find that gentle stretching / flexing of the foot and massage before getting out of bed also helped. 

Warmth still does it for me - I'm sitting here (at home) in a pair of sheepskin boots - the warmth keeps the pf more flexible, so it contracts less.

29/12/2009 at 13:28
Ok Sock ordered!  With all the gadgets I have I might start up a PF equipment hire company...that way it can fund my Physio appointments.
29/12/2009 at 13:40
Is the stras sock not really uncomfortable?? I really need to get night splints but just can't decide which one,
29/12/2009 at 15:49
Forget your marafuns etc,  I reckon we should organise the "PF handicap Hobble"
29/12/2009 at 17:08

,  no medals...but a tennis ball to roll your foot on?

29/12/2009 at 20:45

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.