podiatrists in the UK

recommendations please

21 to 32 of 32 messages
RLY
12/02/2004 at 10:51
Hi
Whos good in Cambridge area?
12/02/2004 at 14:23
No good ones in Cambridge. I live here, useless for anything like that. I went to Montagu Clinic in London.
Peter Norman set me up with a good pair. Been running in them for 6 months now, very impressed, watches you walk, your gait etc.
www.montaguclinic.co.uk
M.
RLY
12/02/2004 at 14:51
thanks for that... bit frustrating!
think i need to give them a call..
rachel
OB
12/02/2004 at 15:28
Only have experience of one but he was brilliant. He gets recommended by a whole host of physios in West Midlands area. Paul Swiercz on 01384 396777.

There is a bit of a waiting list but that only confirms his reputation.
13/02/2004 at 20:41
I was recommended David Goyette 07958 917735 by my Physio.

David is a sports-specific podiatrist with good knowledge of sporting injuries - he works at the Oakfield Sports Injury and Rehabiliation Clinic in Chafford Hundred / Grays in Essex, and also in more swanky premises 'The Third Space' in Picadilly Circus. By taking the Essex option you can see him for just half the price of his inner London clinic.

He was clear in his explanation and took the time to explain all the details to me, asking often if I had any questions.

Thanks to him I was able to put in the temporary insoles he made me (there and then) and run the next day after not being able to run for a week.

He DID NOT make me expensive insoles as he said there is no good paying out huge amounts for something when you don' t know if its going to help or not... other words - HE'S NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY! Thats got to be good.

13/02/2004 at 21:12
Spans
Yes - that's him. To get to the clinic you go through a chemist shop (Crystal, I think) and up the stairs at the back.
10/08/2004 at 13:14
Anyone good in North/Central London?
Maybe who knows about biomechanics too?
10/08/2004 at 13:26
I went to see D.Nicholls at Fitter_Feet in Clapham. Excellent service although a tad expensive (but isnt this always the case). The quality of orthotics are excellent, but you have to wait as they manufacture them in the Satates.
10/08/2004 at 13:59
Cheers. How much is 'expensive'?
29/03/2008 at 11:34
i am on the verge of seeing a podiatrist after just seeing a physio and waiting for her diagnosis on a on going left hamstring /gluet problem of which ive had for 5years+i was treating it as piraformis syndrome (my own diagnosis) after reading countless stories and articles from all over the globe ...so now after training &racing for ages with my problem i picked up a leaflet at my clubhouse for KINESIS based in twickenham and had a consultatoin with a physio and body check and next week i would think she will refere me to a podairtrist as she says my feet are "orrable"and i have 1 leg shorter thent other so after years of just putting up with it i hope i have a root answer to my problem..as i am in essex (BARKING) and when i get my feedback and if i do need to see a podairtrist can someone please recommend a no nonsense top bloke or women ..cheers ray .
11/06/2008 at 15:28

I've been to profeet after I had problems with my ITBs - had the gait analysis etc and got orthotics and new trainers.

About two months later I have a new problem in my right foot on the top - 2nd 3rd toe. Had an xray - found nothing.

Maybe it's just me, but I suspect there is a link between the orthotics and my new injury ? 

07/09/2008 at 14:38
ANY REC. FOR PODIATRIST IN CARDIFF AREA

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.