'popped' calf muscle

3 messages
11/11/2012 at 09:18

After standing for pretty much 8 hours straight at work, as I ran across the road for the bus I felt a 'pop' in my left calf which was very painful. I hobbled short distance and procured a lift home. RICE the last 36 hours and some improvement. QUESTION - Am I likely to be fit for work tomorrow? I will be expcected to stand for long periods. I have only been in post a week and am seriously worried about being unfit. I at least need to go in to work but am concerned I will cause further damage or delay the healing process. 

11/11/2012 at 14:34

Sounds more like a cramp issue. The pop was just a few fibres unsticking themselves.

Standing for a few hours probably had everything to do with it.

Since you're unlikely to be running for a bus mid shift no more damage will occur.

Running after standing still for hours was the cause.

Probably best to not try running after the bus for a while.

11/11/2012 at 17:23

As I am still hobbling, should I just walk through this stage and 'stretch' the fibres do you think? Thank you for your reply, : )

I hope this means I can run again fairly soon and not wait for weeks.........

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.