Post run groin pain

Very painful groin pain post run

3 messages
23/09/2012 at 12:29

I developed a groin pain last Christmas from i think pushing too hard on speed work, i've hardly run since due to other illness (virus and kidney stones - now gone). I've been running about three weeks now and after every run i feel terrible groin pain. It goes after a few hours after the run and after mild stretching, if i set down on my door steps i can hardly get up without agonising pain. This morning i did a slow 8 miles and almost had t crawl into the house and into a bath. Two hours later i feel okay but i nee to find out what this is about. I am loathed to go to my GP as i feel i made a nuisance of myself with the virus and kidney stones. Any suggestions on how i can self-diagnose and heal? I did call a sports physio last week about it after a run and he said if he can't see anything he can't fix it. There is no lump so i'm sure it's not a hernia (i think the pain would be worse if i ran on a hernia).

23/09/2012 at 14:10

Pretty poor response from the physio, I've had Adductor strain that did similar to this, although being no expert it could be 20 different causes. Point is a good physio will find it, so will your Doc, go back and use him, it's what we pay our taxes for, or find a decent physio

23/09/2012 at 16:57

Thanks for your reply. Maybe i had better go and see the Doc

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.