Pregnant runners' club

for anyone who's expecting...

401 to 420 of 17,631 messages
20/03/2006 at 14:13
thanks caramel,

haven't done another test, but now am fortnight late.

A far as hubbie is concerned there is only 1 option morallly regardless of how ill I might be.

just feel really trapped and can't see any way out.

I'm not overly concerned about the repeat of the molar pregnancy,

but I am not sure I can cope with being so ill again just with an ordinary pregnancy and looking after both toddlers - had 'morning sickesss '- ha ha from week 6 to appx 8 months day and night everyday with all 3 pregnancies.

It's also really horrid being pregnant when you don't want to be. Bad enough when you do, but when you don't and you are so ill, it is like a living hell.

This'll be the 4 pregnancy in 6 years and I really don't think that I can cope.

Stupid thing is we had been arguing over which one of us was going to be sterilised, and then this happens. Talk about timing!

20/03/2006 at 14:29
trinity

first things first - i'd recommend doing another test. you either are pregnant or you aren't - although your intuition tells you you are, so i guess you probably are.

at least then, you KNOW either way.

secondly - i don't wish to offend anyone's beliefs, sensibilities etc and certainly not your husband's, but, to trot out a cliche, it is YOUR body, and you are the one who has to carry it throughout the 9 months. i'm sure there are good reasons for his moral objections, but it's your health and your sanity that are at stake. and also the lives of your young children, whom you will not be able to look after 'properly' if you continue with the pregnancy.

i know it probably sounds awful and you feel guilty because there are people on this forum who are desperate for children and have had fertility treatment, or who are still trying. but your dilemma is as real as theirs.

is your husband's stance final and unmovable? what if you went to talk to an advisory service (there are lots in the phone book)? they can give you impartial advice and help with how to talk about it.

i don't think it's fair to be told effectively you have no way out... (again - don't wish to offend...).

((trinity))
20/03/2006 at 14:32
Trinity1 - you have mail
20/03/2006 at 14:38
mitchie moo - that's fantastic news! you must be very happy, and also very scared.

do go and talk to your GP. i'm sure they should offer an early scan given your previous history. they might also give you some advice on how much exercise to do (although probably not, if my GP was anything to go by!)

taking it easy on the running front is a good idea. and you will probably end up feeling rough soon anyway...

mrs o - i think some people find that the stuffy nose continues throughout pregnancy. my nausea only really started dying down at about 20 weeks. even now (24 weeks), i get days where i just retch and retch and retch. so, can't give you any advice or reassurance on that.

i've got ANOTHER cold. only got rid of my last one a few weeks ago, and am now bunged up and coughing away AGAIN!!! grrrr...

other than that, all is fine. i did a 5 mile race at the weekend in rhayader. hubby was supposed to be doing the 20 miler along with my dad, but hubby had the cold really badly, so stayed at home. dad did really well around the 20 miles, in spite of the freezing conditions! i didn't come last in the 5 miler either, which was amazing! took me 51 minutes, which is fairly dire, but could have been worse because there was one huge hill in it which i really struggled up. of course, i probably shouldn't have run because i was already starting a cold, but it might be the last race i do before junior is born, so i REALLY wanted to do it!
21/03/2006 at 09:13
boinged for nick luxton
21/03/2006 at 10:31
...I'm going to delurk briefly as I read this thread for inspiration as we have one little boy but would love another (not much luck at present), but I just wanted to say that I met (decaff) Caramel Macchiato on Saturday when she beat me at Rhayader and just wanted to say to the thread how great I thought it was that she was running at 24 weeks pregnant and no way was she last!!! Keep well everyone and take care.....perhaps I will be joining this thread properly at some stage in the future :-)
21/03/2006 at 11:01
SianH - had no idea you were a forumite, but I should have guessed because you were so friendly!

Hope your foot gets better soon and that you cruise around FLM...

And that you have a happy reason to join this thread properly soon (there are plenty of people who pop in and out and are 'trying' to conceive, so no reason not to say 'hi' from time to time!)

I'm taking my inspiration from Marijke who ran a half at 30 weeks (!) and was still running at 37 weeks. I'm considering a 10k on 9 April (if I can ever get rid of this cold!), but will NOT be doing any halves in the near future!
21/03/2006 at 11:03
....well, you looked as though you were managing well on Saturday so why not?! :-)
22/03/2006 at 13:23
Have any of you looked at this site before. A friend just sent it to me. Scared me a bit, about scanning in early pregnancy being bad, all the additives in food, and I had two glasses of wine the night before we did the second test.

Wish I hadn't looked now!

Also wondering what you take for indigestion as my usual remegels are not good in pregnancy apparently.
22/03/2006 at 13:24
http://www.foresight-preconception.org.uk/home-page.html

Forgot to add the site!
22/03/2006 at 13:36
mitchie moo

i haven't been on the site before and i haven't got enough time before my conf call to download the booklets and read them, but i just wanted to reassure you that i'm sure your couple of glasses of wine will have done NO harm whatsoever. as long as you reduce drastically once you find out you are pregnant, there's no reason to think that 2 glasses of wine in the first few weeks or so is going to have caused any damage. i had half a bottle of wine with a friend at about week 3 (before i tested), and a couple of glasses the day before i tested, and all seems OK so far!

as for ultrasound scans being bad for the baby - no-one will ever say that they are OK in 100% of cases, so even the info you get from the hospital doesn't say it's not going to cause any problems.

but i think you can probably worry yourself too much about everything, and you do have to focus on the fact that there are far greater risks to your and your baby's health than the scans. as for additives in food - well, if you believe the scaremongerers, we are all doomed because our bodies are pickled in preservatives and additives. generally, our livers are fairly good at dealing with the toxins and as long as you don't live on E102 and E110 during your pregnancy, i'm sure the baby will be fine... if you are worried about it, you could try organic food, and avoid fish like swordfish and marlin which have high concentrations of bad stuff. generally, the lower down the food chain you eat, the less concentrated the toxins will be, so eating lots of fresh fruit and veg (organic or otherwise), and good quality meat and fish will be the best you can do. unfortunately, we can't lock ourselves in pure environments for 9 months, so we have to make the best of the world we live in and what we eat, and hope that our bodies manage to build us a healthy baby at the same time.

i'm afraid i can't help on indigestion tips as i don't ever get it (she says... i'm bound to now!)
22/03/2006 at 14:04
Yes you right Caramel thanks for replying, so easy to get scared! Have done something awful to the top of my foot, can't walk, so looks like running is out anyway. Trying to get to see a physio as is very painful.
22/03/2006 at 15:36
((mitchie moo's foot))

that doesn't sound good. hope it's better soon.

there are just so many things to worry about. and the more you read, the more you worry. and it doesn't stop when the baby's born either, i'm sure.

but i think it's important to discuss the things that worry you, which is why this board is great.

mrs o - are you nearly ready for your holiday now?

i guess hegs is sunning herself in spain.

clare - how are you doing?

MMJ - hope you are ok, headaches aren't too bad, and that hubby gets back soon!

marijke - how's your shin?

and turtle - how are you doing?

have i missed anyone?

i managed a 4 mile treadmill trot at lunchtime, so i think my cold is now on its way out. going to visit some friends in cornwall at the weekend and they have 2 small kids, so i'm sure i'll pick up another one then!
22/03/2006 at 15:59
Yes thanks Caramel, ready for holiday now, got my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow so i can ask her all about what i should and shouldn't be doing/eating drinking etc in Egypt. Today it is snowing here (up in bonnie Scotland) and in Sharm el Sheikh it was 32C earlier today. Hubby is so looking forward to it as well, he works outdoors and has been snowed on quite often in the past few weeks and been feeling really cold, so he's really looking forward to some sunshine, as am i.
Unfortunately haven't got out running this week due to either being too busy or if i did have time, feeling too tired or nauseous, but may get out for a wee one tomorrow or friday before we fly off to the sun (on sunday).
I can't keep track off everyone on this thread, who is pregnant, who is trying, who is a mum already and how far along folks are, maybe we should all put up a wee post saying what our position is, i am currently 11 weeks pregnant.

Cinders how are, not heard from you in a wee while, how is the clomid going ??
22/03/2006 at 16:13
hope you have a good appt with the midwife and that you have a fantastic holiday! you must be due a dating scan fairly soon as well?

good idea, mrs o. perhaps we should start a list? if you want to add yourself on, just copy and paste it into a new post. perhaps those of us who are pregnant should add our EDD, and those who are mums could add the birthday of their wee ones (if they don't mind?). hope this doesn't make it too regimented?

mrs o - 11 weeks pregnant
DCM - 24 weeks pregnant. EDD 08/07/06

22/03/2006 at 17:09
MM - 5.5 weeks pregnant
22/03/2006 at 17:17
MM - 5.5 weeks pregnant
Clare - Sadie 2 Years & 17 weeks EDD 31/08
22/03/2006 at 17:24
Hi Caramel

I am doing ok. I am going to see an obstetrician on Friday so should know more then. The baby is still growing well and the bleed does not seem to be affecting him/her at the moment. I have been told to expect to bleed throughout.

I am trying to get used to the thought of bleeding thoughout - but it freaks me out everytime it starts. The advice has been no running, no swimming, take it really easy and no heavy lifting. I am trying to get my 2 year old to understand that. She has been very good.

I am missing the running and have been both pleasuring & torturing myself watching the commonwealth games. Had a great dream last night that I was running and running on an autumn day through the leaves. The spirit is still strong even if the body is not at the mo.

Well done on your race. Have a great holiday Mrs O!!

22/03/2006 at 18:07
Mrs O - 11 weeks pregnant
DCM - 24 weeks pregnant EDD 08/07/06
MM - 5.5 weeks pregnant
Clare - Sadie 2 years & 17 weeks pregnant EDD 31/08/06
MMJ - Amelia 24 weeks and have just started the fun games of weaning and the poor little sausage also looks like she is cutting her first tooth!!!

22/03/2006 at 18:14
Caramel

Feeling alot better thanks took ages to get over that flu bug and the last couple of days have I felt 100%. Headaches occuring quite regular this past week but haven't done any exercise for a month what with going home for the christening, followed by flu, then hubby away for 2 weeks. Headaches seems to go when I do running and swimming. Have been out for walks every over day but doesn't really seem to have any effect. Back to exercise regime next week though (as long as hubby not snowed in up in Scotland and can't get back) so hopefully that will control them and have got my appt 19 Apr so hopefully may get some kind of answer from the Consultant then.

Hope all is well with you. Time is flying by only another 4 months to go for you, believe it will be here quicker than you think... (I shall leave you with that thought)
401 to 420 of 17,631 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.