Protruding vertebra...??

Umm.... what's this??

3 messages
22/11/2002 at 18:40
I noticed a few weeks ago that my spine is a little sore to the touch about half way up my back. Not terribly painful, but sore as though I'd knocked it. Yesterday I glanced into the mirror as I was getting a shower after running and noticed that a vertebra is actually protruding from the middle of my back!! Not by miles, but very noticeably. I bounced this off a member of my family when I got home, and they immediately noticed it too (w/o prompting). I'm going to get it looked at asap, but in the meantime does anyone know what this might be? I can't help feeling a little alarmed! I don't have a history of back problems - yet... :-( Any light you can shed will be gratefully received.
22/11/2002 at 18:53
I wouldn't take any chances, go and see a doctor asap - maybe even pay to see a physio or something - best play safe where your back is concerned.
24/11/2002 at 16:03
Thanks Popsider. I'll be seeing one this week.

In the meantime, though, does it ring a bell with anyone? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks,
WP

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.