Pulled muscle in my gluteus maximus

Or in my bum

6 messages
16/12/2004 at 10:15
Recently i have had a problem with my claf and hamstring. Before running there has been a mild pain, or of an ache, but one i get running my calf just seems as its aching. I ran the other night, and afterwards there was a pain in my bum, i think i've pulled a muscle there but not sure. Its not so much as a pain but more to to make me hobble for a bit. once i get walking i'm ok but it's still there. Any advice or anyone had this before.
Thanks
Matthew
16/12/2004 at 17:46
Sciatic nerve maybe ?

16/12/2004 at 19:08
Try googling Piriformis Syndrome.

If it that, then I would suggest the lying stretch pictured at the right of this page:

http://www.drbackman.com/piriformis-muscle-stretch.htm

17/12/2004 at 09:27
Thanks will try this then. Thanks
17/12/2004 at 10:05
Good little link RA - shows why a tight piriformis can affect the Sciatic nerve - that diagnostic test sounds interesting, let us know if you try that Matthew and if it gives any results.
20/12/2004 at 20:04
RunningAcolyte that is a good site that you have put the link to thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.