pulled quad

3 messages
13/03/2013 at 10:03

Hi all, am new to this but need some advice. Am doing my first marathon in May, but I have pulled my quad and it reall hurts!! Am icing it up, and taking ibuprofen. Would a support help? How long should I rest it for? Am so gutted as training was going well and I don't want to stop but body telling me otherwise!!!

16/03/2013 at 18:49

Depends how bad youve 'pulled' it.  RICE in acute stage (0 - 48/72 hours), then start gentle stretching and knee flexing and extending in pain-free range.  Then start assisted squats and gradually build up running.  When you have an injury No Pain = Gain!

17/03/2013 at 12:35

Thank you. I Haven't run since last Sunday!!! I have been doing RICE and have started stretching, and is easing off. I was limping last week, but now walking ok, and no need for pain killers, but it is still "there". Hopefully be able to try a gentle jog next week. Just getting me down, when I was doing so well!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.