Pulling sensation on achilles near insertion

1 message
J77
12/11/2012 at 16:41

For the last 6+ months I've been dealing with a mean case of Insertional AT. I've combed through these threads but can't really find the answer I'm looking for. I've been going to Physio for almost 3 months now and while the stiffness is almost gone (finally) I've noticed a new twinge in that area. Lately, I've noticed when I stretch my tendon I have this tugging/pulling sensation. The best way to describe it is this way:

Each time I stretch my achilles I feel like the tendon is stretching over a "balloon". It feels like it's going to pop at any second if I continue stretching. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't feel right either. I don't push through it for fear of a setback.

I don't know if this is a normal feeling for AT once the stiffness goes away. I'm  curious what some of you may have experienced in your recovery. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.