Quadricep muscle tear -behind in Marathon scheule! Have I time to catch up

Quadricep muscle tear

1 message
HEP
03/09/2013 at 12:58

I have entered in the Dublin Marathon on the 28th of Oct (second time)  All was going according to plan, ran a half last week, got a new PB but  knew I had done some damage, rested up for a few days but as I was falling behind schedule went out as I felt I had to try get a least a long run in at the weekend - even if Slowly. Big mistake, could barely walk the next day - went to physio yesterday and I have quadricep muscle tear (which explains the swelling) told to Rest - my question is approximately how long will it take to heal up. I have another appointment on Thursday, Hopefully I will be in less pain by then.  I am falling way behind my schedule,  will I have time to catch up?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.