Recovery Factors

5 messages
03/02/2005 at 13:40
I am competing in 8 marathons and 4 marathons between june and november. While I am sure I will be able to finish them all, has anyone got any advice on recover. 4 of the marathons are within a month.

Also any suggestions on what motivates you when you are doing so many in a row.
03/02/2005 at 13:46
Wow, i have no advice whatsoever as have never run more than about 8 miles in one go but i wanted to wish you luck with it all.
03/02/2005 at 13:48

motivation

although, I don't run marathons. YET.
03/02/2005 at 15:43
Gerard - never done that many - most was 3 in 7 weeks...funnily enough by the last one I felt I'd had enough but that was my best run of the lot...

On the recovery side I'd just suggest no runs over 5-6 miles between each marathon and also a couple of rest days after each. I was talking to one of the "100 marathon club" guys and he always takes the 2 days off after each marathon and sometimes the day before...

Motivation-wise...I'd simply focus on the achievement I know I'd feel having completed the series...and the bragging rights!!

Good luck, Amanda
JF
03/02/2005 at 20:23
Gerard,

I really can't imagine why you want to do four marathons in a month. But if you do you just have to treat them as long training runs and keep to 1 to 1 1/2 min per mile slower than race pace. If you are going to run them at race pace - forget it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.