recovery from the flu

how soon can i get back to it

2 messages
05/05/2013 at 11:18

I've been really enjoying my training and was progressing well then as soon as I got home from work on Friday the flu hit me like a train. Friday and yesterday was absoltue agony with muscle aches and shivers/fever but today I feel a bit better. If I'm almost back to normal tomorrow would it be ok to get back running? Nothing strenuous just 20-25 min at a very easy pace.

I've been checking online and its very mixed opinions with some saying if you feel like you can run then lace up and others say take a minimum of a week off.

06/05/2013 at 09:22

Well I went for a 30 min run at an easy pace as soon as I got up today and feel fine, apart from not being able to hear in my left ear since yesterday. I kept my heart rate steady and didn't put any strain on my body. It felt good to get back out again with not being for a run since Thursday. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be 100 percent and get a big run on Sunday.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.