Rectus Femoris Tear

2 messages
22/06/2007 at 22:36
After I completed the MHFS 10k last Sunday, I felt a niggle in my right thigh and groin, but thought nothing of it, and it went away. On Wednesday I done my sprint training, and it came back, with more pain. The Physio I use told me today, I have a grade 1-2 rectus femoris tear, which I should rest for 7-10, (possibly 20) days. Is there anything I can do in the mean time to keep my fitness up, as I was meant to start my 12 week half marathon program on Monday?
23/06/2007 at 14:12
You could try aqua jogging - non weight bearing.
Also maybe have a sports massage after about 3-4 days this should stop you having a mass of scar tissue in your thigh and might help speed up your recovery.
I would stop the running for the time being - you will only delay your recovery further if you keep running on it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.