runners nipple

21 to 24 of 24 messages
31/10/2005 at 16:59
I always used to think this was such a funny injury and had little sympathy. Until yesterday (9 miles in the rain). Now I understand exactly how painful it is and embarrasing when the cream seeps through your work shirt. I nearly had to resign. I'm gonna try the tape. Do you have to shave your nipple area/chest for it to stick?
31/10/2005 at 17:15
JK - I go for a tiny scrap of micropore tape - no fur gets covered.

I agree with FB - it's not just a 'technical' vs cotton issue.
31/10/2005 at 17:29
jk - just slap it on the hair as well........a bit of pain tugging it off won't hurt.............

I'm going to have to review my latest batch of tape - the buggers came off again halfway through Beachy Head marathon at the weekend even though I made sure they were on properly - maybe a poor batch of glue.............little fellas were complaining a bit by the time I found someone with some vas to slap over them..........that saved the day for them but still sore when I finished........
31/10/2005 at 17:55
Good points there from FB & JK - even tech tops will rub you when they get wet, and then you get "pert" from the cold wind - ouch!

If you're in a race and start getting sore then look out for the St Johns ambulance who will have vaseline to hand, you will usually pass several teams of these on the bigger/longer events, just smear a blob on each side & bobs your uncle - (this works - Ahem - "downstairs" too!)

Incidentally, not many people realise that you can carry a good "blob" of vaseline quite easily in a folded over piece of clingfilm that will fit in the "key" pocket of your running shorts....Just thought I'd mention it...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.