Running comeback

Have you come back from a severe injury or re-discovered your running mojo?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
31/12/2013 at 11:58

Hi all.. I have been out injured for 6 weeks and its sooo annoying! I have shin splints from pushing myself too hard at the running club. I'm itching to get back but going to take my time and have been doing stretching etc and it seems to be lifting.I tried a very small jog across works car park! no chance I'm running for a while.  Will give it another 2 weeks i think.

I get so jealous when I see other runners out.. I was getting my 5K down to 22.35 before I got injured..I just hope I can get back to that

02/01/2014 at 19:23

Managed a mile on the treadmill this evening.  Was very slow but no pain.

02/01/2014 at 23:25

Well done Surrey Runner!

I managed over a mile in the pool this evening. It felt SOOO good to do some proper exercise, even if not running.

03/01/2014 at 11:29

Hi Debra,

Feeling a bit of an ache this morning so will wait until Sunday before trying again.  

I had a contract last year in Kettering where they have a swimming pool.  Used to take me about an hour to do 2500 metres. It was good to do as recovery on a Monday night after Sunday's long run.   If I hadn't had my injury was going to have tried triathlon last summer.  Maybe this summer if I heal up in time...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.