Running in the cold and trying to save complexion

Battling signs of ageing in my face

10 messages
16/01/2013 at 13:52

Hi, i have hit the forty mark and starting to see the effects of ageing in my face, wrinkles etc.  Running in this cold weather isn't doing it any favours and was wondering if anybody can recommend good face creams etc that will protect my face a bit from the elements when out running, especially in this cold weather ??

16/01/2013 at 16:35

elizabeth arden 8 hour cream.  OR vaseline in a pinch.  I put a 30 spf on (even in scotland !)  then post run - slather boots dermalogica everyday moisturiser - this is a very heavy, thick cream for folks with excema - meant for the body - has very few ingredients - brill for dry face  

16/01/2013 at 17:17

Ladies, believe me, as an ordinary bloke, I can tell you that the glow in your skin after a run in this kind of weather will make you look even more ravishing and drop-dead gorgeous than usual. That fresh-air and windswept look is a killer .

So don't worry about it, just get out there and run. And anyway, at 40 you're still a young girl

16/01/2013 at 17:20

..... and the whiff of fresh sweat that accompanies the glow?

16/01/2013 at 17:28

There is nothing more alluring than the freshly showered and glowing skin of one's beloved, GymAddict

16/01/2013 at 17:54

I will let my husband know  that's not what he has said in the past.

16/01/2013 at 19:57

It's what happens AFTER that Muttley - the skin dries out, goes all tight-feeling, and then flaky.

17/01/2013 at 08:57
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, my OH even uses it for long cycle rides in this weather. Great protector.

I then use rituals moisturiser after my shower.
Dustboy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 14:43

Goes all tight feeling? there you go, free facelift.

18/01/2013 at 13:00

I use Eumocream for dry skin. E45 Wash Cream is good for in the shower as an alternative to soap.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.