sacro iliac problem

4 messages
29/12/2002 at 15:42
can anybody help? I have had buttock pain for about one year now,running long distances aggravates it even more. I have had physiotherepy treatment but it hasnt helped. I went back to my doctor but was advised to cut down my running, which i did, but the pain hasn't gone. I really want to train for a marathon but just can't run past 5 km without pain. It's so frustrating, does anyone konw of a cure?
And is it normal for this problem to last so long??
29/12/2002 at 15:55
An osteopath helped me. Also gait analysis fm waist down can assess whether you have an abnormal hip action.Not normal to last that long. Find a sports therapist good at hips, pref a runner. Presumably you do lwr back & hip stretches when warmed up?
29/12/2002 at 17:49
Hi!

Not to be argumentative, but do you know it's a sacro iliac problem? If it's the physio's diagnosis and the treatment suggested hasn't worked then possibly it isn't a correct diagnosis.

Can you describe the pain a bit more? Location, what if anything triggers it particularly (uphill running, downhill running etc), severity.

I've had a buttock twinge for a year now, and I think gradually it's getting better with physio, which I only started a couple of months back.
29/12/2002 at 18:03
Hi Iain

Was yours sacro iliac then?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.