'Scientific' Laws of healthy eating

Thread for similar 'proven' information

21 to 27 of 27 messages
19/11/2002 at 18:35
The Department of Health says that the only thing anyone needs to do is to eat more fruit and vegetables.

OK, I'm paraphrasing a little. What it really says is that the single most important change most people could make to their diet is to eat more fruit and vegetables.

After all, nobody in government wants to blow their prospects of a lucrative directorship of Unilever or whatever by saying we should eat LESS of anything.
19/11/2002 at 18:37
This was the problem in the US as well. The meat industry *really* objected to the suggestion that red meat shouldn't form such a big part in the diet. The report was changed, of course.
19/11/2002 at 19:36
One thing I've noticed about this forum is the absence of a "Food and Nutrition" subject. I for one would be happy to spend my time at work reading other runners thoughts on food and maybe the odd recipe.
Any one else think its a good idea ?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 19:55
benz is an exellent chef!
19/11/2002 at 22:48
yes but its NOT healthy
19/11/2002 at 22:48
thats why i cook nice
19/11/2002 at 23:17
if you want thoughts on food try the fat club thread - its all we talk about - mostly!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.