Sexless Marriage

Can That Really Work?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
19/06/2013 at 17:30

I know of two marriages that were very successful without sex.  One couple were together from their early twenties until he died in his sixties and they had never once had sex and prefered not to sleep in the same room.  However they got on like a house on fire and unless you knew them well you would have no idea of the lack of activity upstairs.

The other couple I don't know as well.  They appear to be happy but who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

19/06/2013 at 17:32

Strangely filibusting came up on pointless yesterday!! 

19/06/2013 at 21:00

....and I thought this was a 'running' forum! 

19/06/2013 at 21:09
Daniel Angell wrote (see)

....and I thought this was a 'running' forum! 

This thread should be in "Clubhouse" but this forum's not just about running - that would be boring. As would llife...

19/06/2013 at 22:40
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

Tantric sex? Is that the one where you spend hours fucking and only come once?

Seems inefficient to me.

I thought it was sex without actual contact with each other; but looking it up on good 'ol Wikipedia.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neotantra)

"Tantric sexual methods may be practiced solo, in partnership, or in the sacred rituals of groups. The specifics of these methods are often kept secret, and passed from practitioners to students in an oral tradition. It must be remembered that genuine tantric spiritual practice is merely one aspect of a comprehensive spiritual path of meditation—and that the sexual and erotic aspects of tantra cannot be authentically engaged in without adequate preparation and discipline.

In sum, neotantric sexuality is just one dimension of a spiritual path that is devoted and dedicated to the challenge of becoming aware, in every moment of our embodied lives, of the supreme flow of the sacred lifeforce itself—the sacred unity of love"

Well that clears that up then  

He is even more creepy now   

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 22:42
19/06/2013 at 22:58

Ditch him, Karen!

20/06/2013 at 09:19

"or in the sacred rituals of groups" 

So just an excuse for swinging then!!!!

20/06/2013 at 09:41

"passed from practitioners to students in an oral tradition."

I'll bet it is. "Today's lesson consists of you giving me a blowjob. Sting."

20/06/2013 at 09:55

dammit, was just about to do the 'oral tradition' joke.

20/06/2013 at 11:48

I was taken by the, "practiced solo" bit; saying I am off for a bit of solo, "genuine tantric spiritual practice" sounds like you are doing something meaningful.

But I have always called it something else

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 11:49
20/06/2013 at 11:52

And, "adequate preparation and discipline"; does that mean Razzle v. Penthouse? And remembering the tissues....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.