Sexless Marriage

Can That Really Work?

1 to 20 of 31 messages
19/06/2013 at 09:43

I saw an article in a newspaper about a happily married couple who claim that don't have sex!

They say that they have one 4 year old son.    They also say that they  fear if they  have a bit of hanky panky  that their son might hear them.   The couple goes on to say that they work hard and too tired to have sex.  But they claim that they are always snogging and cuddling  each other and neither of them are cheated with each other and according to them that they are extremely happy.

I think they were in their thirties or forties.

They were two more happily married couples in Newspaper who  were older and were saying that they were in love but they don't have sex!

I'm absolutely gobsmacked 

Can a marriage like that really work. If the people were in their nineties yes I could understand it.

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 09:54
19/06/2013 at 10:07

The Answer is NO the marriage  will not last and won't work!

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 10:27
seren nos    pirate
19/06/2013 at 11:12

A marriage will work if both parties are happy with the arrangements..........

marriages fail where both parties want different things and a compromise can't be met.......

19/06/2013 at 11:17
seren nos wrote (see)

A marriage will work if both parties are happy with the arrangements..........

marriages fail where both parties want different things and a compromise can't be met.......

^ this.

There are plenty of elderly married couples in their 80s and 90s. I'm pretty sure those marriages are sexless but they aren't all rushing to get divorced.

You need to engage your brain before posting sometimes Karen.

19/06/2013 at 11:17

As Seren says, as long as both parties are happy with the arrangement, why not?

People have different levels of interest in sex - put two who aren't very interested together, and they could be perfectly happy.

Difficulties arise when people have different levels of sex drive.

19/06/2013 at 11:29

Just because you don't do it at the same time and location doesn't mean there's no sex.

19/06/2013 at 11:59

So people can't have marriages to work how they want and they are digusting if they have sex in a way not approved by Karen. Time to quit?

19/06/2013 at 13:14

But we know Karen is into dogging so we know he is getting plenty 

19/06/2013 at 14:01

Yes

19/06/2013 at 14:25

Was that a small orgasm?

19/06/2013 at 14:38

There are small orgasms? I've been trying too hard.

19/06/2013 at 15:00

Love how this is under the heading of  "Health and Injury"  

19/06/2013 at 15:07

Karen Samuel wrote (see)

The Answer is NO the marriage  will not last and won't work!

Depends if that marriage was just the confirmation of a mutual fuck-fest.

If it was based on something greater than hormonial bodily functions then if survives.

19/06/2013 at 15:09
Magic Roundabout wrote (see)

Love how this is under the heading of  "Health and Injury"  

LMAO - I just read this thread and thought that this has to be one of the strangest health and injury topics I have ever seen

19/06/2013 at 15:31

A chap at work declared that he was well into tantric sex..... the f***er is creepy enough as he is  Now we know that little nugget  

19/06/2013 at 15:49

Let's face it most people that talk about their sex lives at work are creepy. 

What's known can never be unknown - don't ask, don't tell, unless you want your colleagues to imagine you shagging sheep (or whatever floats your boat) next time you're giving a presentation.

I had an ex boss who left her husband and got herself a toyboy. She insisted on telling me about it all through what was (thankfully) my leaving lunch. It was all I could do not to stick my fingers in my ears and sing, "Lalalalalalala!!!!!" 

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 15:52
19/06/2013 at 15:50

These couples say they are happy without sex - but what if they were asked independently? Not so sure the answers would remain the same.

Not that I necessarily want to think about it but couples in their eighties and nineties probably are at it too!

19/06/2013 at 16:06

Tantric sex? Is that the one where you spend hours fucking and only come once?

Seems inefficient to me.

19/06/2013 at 16:08
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

Seems inefficient to me.

Me too.

Pudge    pirate
19/06/2013 at 17:27
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

Yes...but for a really long time.

Apparently.

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.